Customer Service 866.965.0400

Slightly different use for Plasti-Dip

GXPaycheck

A lot of folks are using black on their wheels and various other parts, so I got to thinkin...

My old Tacoma's hood is pretty beat up and Dr Colorchip wasn't working too well so I decided to try something different. Found some white and gave the leading edge about 4 coats.

I have a wind deflector that will cover most of the front edge. Might wish I had gone with black, but that's easy to fix.

2936cdff.jpg

efbc341b.jpg

I'm interested to see the longevity of this on your hood. I am thinking of doing my chrome front bumper with Plasti-Dip.

A lot of guys in the VW community use plasti-dip on their grilles and other trim pieces. Seems to hold up quite well. :thumbsup:

A lot of folks are using black on their wheels and various other parts, so I got to thinkin...

My old Tacoma's hood is pretty beat up and Dr Colorchip wasn't working too well so I decided to try something different. Found some white and gave the leading edge about 4 coats.

I have a wind deflector that will cover most of the front edge. Might wish I had gone with black, but that's easy to fix.

2936cdff.jpg

efbc341b.jpg

Did you have the wind deflector on before and still got the chips, or is it a new deflector. The only reason I ask is if you had it on before, I definitely don't want that style on my truck.

Did you have the wind deflector on before and still got the chips, or is it a new deflector. The only reason I ask is if you had it on before, I definitely don't want that style on my truck.

Chips arrived when the deflector was off. Hood really needs repainting but I'm too cheap to get it done. Its a '95 with 160k on it. Dealer offered me $2500 for it as a trade when I bought Junior his Suby. When I said no, he offered $3000. It's a trophy of sorts (traded ex-wife #2's little red sports car in on it when I gave her the boot), so I think I will keep it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived