Customer Service 866.965.0400

Royal Purple Products

jcarr

Anyone have personal experience with Royal Purple products? Are they worth the extra price? I am curious about their power steering, ATF, gear lube, and radiator additive? I have always used Mobile 1 in my performance cars.

Thanks

J.

amsoil all the way. I've talked with many reputable shops who have torn down motors that have used strictly royal purple and they said its a mess. For mustangs you an order a set of gears and the lube that comes with it is RP, my shop threw it out and won't use it, period.

I can tell you from personal experience once you've opened up an engine and seen all the purple sludgy crap Royal Purple leaves behind you will never use that crap again. I've been running Amsoil now for a couple years and I'm pretty satisfied with it, however I won't tear this engine open until this winter.

I have used Mobil 1 for years. Never had any issues with it. I changed the oil and filter every 7500 miles and never had a motor issue. I have also used part synthetic and part conventional (Motorcraft) and never had any issues, change the oil and filter when the computer in the truck tells me to change it.

Guess I'm the only pro Royal Purple products user here. Our 2004 Durango has only used RP products since the first oil change and she has over 161,000 miles on still going strong and we drive it at least 50 miles daily.

Used to run Royal Purple in my turbo Civic for a while until I started hearing about horror stories. I could of done some research to see if the claims were substantiated, but I simply didn't even want to take a chance and switched to Mobil 1. Interestingly enough, Nissan doesn't recommend using synthetics in my 350Z though.

IMO people put too much emphasis on the brand or type of oil. Change it often with a good oil and filter, check it between fills, let the engine come to running temp before beating on it, and you'll be good to go for hundreds of thousands of miles.

I do run synthetics, but more so for the ability to stretch my oil changes out.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

I am running mobil 1 high mileage synthetic in my Grand Prix and I ran Mobil 1 extended performance in my SS so Mobil 1 has always done me good but if I had to switch I would go with Amsoil. Using conventional oil is like using turtle wax on your paint you wouldnt do it would you? If you care about your car so much on the outside why not spend a little more and take care of the engine? You get what you pay for.

Thanks, I have been using Mobil 1 as well, but have seen several articles and adds for Royal Purple and was curious about their products.

Just so everyone is aware... Mobil 1 is NOT a true synthetic. It is a VERY refined dino Group III and Group IV with synthetic stabilizers. Redline and Amsoil are TRUE synthetics.

I use Mobil 1 extended with a Mobil 1 filter which are made by Champion Labs (not the spark plug company). Champion makes MANY of the quality filters out there.

Chris

Where do you guys buy Redline or Amsoil. I currently use Royal Purple in my G8 now you guys have me thinking....

If you are on any local car forums ask there, anyone can become a dealer. My dad is, or was for Amzoil.

I have been using Royal Purple in the Holden and it has been great along with their filter. I change the oil and filter every 8,000 miles which comes every 4-5 weeks for me and now with 85,000+ im happy with RP.

My 2004 Chevy Colorado has 381,000 miles all with Amsoil in the engine and transmission all original and still running perfect.

Use a good Oil and filter and change the oil and filter regular and you will be fine. Everyone believe what they read on the internet like it is the gods truth.

One thing to remember if you don't get your engine and transmission heated up while driving for over 20+ miles your killing your engine and transmission. They need to be brought up to normal operating temp.

Archived