Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail: Mini Cooper S Midnight Black 2011 (Wife's New Ride)

neogenix

Hey Guys,

So the car is brand new, and black, metalic black... There were 2 areas that look to have been badly scratched on when I was cleaning they came out :( Sadly, it was on the lot for long enough to go through a few cleans, and we couldn't wait for a delivery car, had to take it and run... PC came to the rescue, and solved the swirls. It looks gorgeous, it's not perfect, but the majority of the marks and light scratching has vanished.

Process (Products - All Adams) :

1) Wheels (Wheel Brush, Fender and Tire Brush, PowerStick, Green Wheel Cleaner, Under Carriage Spray, APC)

2) Wash Engine Bay (Fender and Tire Brush, APC)

3) Hose Down, and Wash (Buckets, Grit Guards, Car Shampoo, Large Wash Pad, Small Wash Pad)

4) Dry (Detail Spray, Great White Drying Towel)

5) Clay, and Wipe Down - Including Glass (Detail Spray, Clay, MF Towel)

6) Quick Polish (PC 7424, SSR + Focus Pad, SHR + Focus Pad, FMP + Focus Pad, MF Towel, Detail Spray)

7) Wax (Americana, Double Soft MF Towel)

8) Plastic Bits and Engine Bay (In and Out Spray, VRT, Sponge Block, Tire Applicator, MF Towel)

9) Glass Buff (MF Towel)

Things I Need To Work On:

* Glass: Need to get the Glass Cleaner, and Sealant

* Interior: Didn't even touch this, should probably start working on that at some point too :P

Without further ado, here go the pictures...

Bravo! Great job. :thumbsup: Glass sealant and Glass Cleaner are a must. I've been using up some remaining glass cleaner and after using my new shipment of Adam's Glass Cleaner I was reminded of just how great it is.

Are you in the witness protection program? :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=7390&d=1310282739

yours was in pretty much the same condition mine was in after delivery in December. Actually i think mine was worse, for being a BMW product their dealers are garbage. Surprisingly the dealership down the road that owns our Mini does a spectacular job at detailing....Go figure:willy:

heres my write up on my Midnight black Mini a month or so ago:thumbsup: camera's just doesnt do our cars paint justice

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11993&highlight=mini+detail

Well done, sir!

Thanks!!

Nice work Patrick!

My son loves those cars.

My wife is now a huge fan, and I got to drive it for a whole day, and it really wasn't too bad at all!

Looks good!!

Thanks!!

nice job!! but it looks like you've got some clouds stuck in the paint..

Yup, couldn't get them buffed out, and they kept moving around!!! :lol:

Bravo! Great job. :thumbsup: Glass sealant and Glass Cleaner are a must. I've been using up some remaining glass cleaner and after using my new shipment of Adam's Glass Cleaner I was reminded of just how great it is.

Are you in the witness protection program? :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=7390&d=1310282739

Hah, no, it's just easier to take the pictures as flat surfaces from the same place you're looking, at least that's what I've found. I'm thinking my next batch of purchases will be a case of In-n-Out, 5G of Detail Spray, the Firemans Hose dodad, and the Glass Kit (sealant, 1G Cleaner, etc..)... OH, and after that the interior stuffs!

yours was in pretty much the same condition mine was in after delivery in December. Actually i think mine was worse, for being a BMW product their dealers are garbage. Surprisingly the dealership down the road that owns our Mini does a spectacular job at detailing....Go figure:willy:

heres my write up on my Midnight black Mini a month or so ago:thumbsup: camera's just doesnt do our cars paint justice

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11993&highlight=mini+detail

Yeah, it's kinda sad that they're that liberal with the crappy towels, and the drive through wash (on-site btw). The sales guy had just bought a bunch of griots stuff, so he was more than happy to skip the final wash for me on account of swirls / scratches. I did sneak him some SVRT that I had to give a try on his mini. All in all though, my Camaro was nearly as bad, and it was literally like 2 - 3 weeks old when I got it from the dealer. Suppose it's just luck of the draw. :uk::uk:

Archived