Customer Service 866.965.0400

what's worse? too much or too little

phantomgti

Question

When it comes to applying prduct on the pads. It is better to have too much or too little? I"ve been using about 3 pea size drops like junkman for a small area. But I have also seen people put a big X on the pad.

Does more product equal more swirls coming out? Or it more about technique and working the area for a long time?

10 answers to this question

I like to start with the X until the pad's primed then move to the three (or so) small pea sized drops: don't forget th spritz of DS. Experience lets me know when the pad's primed and not saturated.

I think it's interesting, if I recall correctly, in some of the earlier videos Adam uses three pea sized drops for the demonstrations. The most recent ones he's gone to the "x" pattern. The "x" surely seems like more product than the three pea sized ones. Then again, he can change pads any time he likes. :) I have only one set so I need to be more discerning as to how much I use and I'll be happy when I figure that out. This dust from the pad is driving me nuts!

I think it's interesting, if I recall correctly, in some of the earlier videos Adam uses three pea sized drops for the demonstrations. The most recent ones he's gone to the "x" pattern. The "x" surely seems like more product than the three pea sized ones. Then again, he can change pads any time he likes. :) I have only one set so I need to be more discerning as to how much I use and I'll be happy when I figure that out. This dust from the pad is driving me nuts!

Same here lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You're mixing 2 different parts of the detail... your first pass you should prime the pad with product, that includes putting the X down.

Once that panel is worked you'll add more with each panel... how much is dictated by what size area you're working, how much is still in the pad, etc.

Generally after that first pass w/ the X... 3-4 drops is all thats needed to keep the pad wet with product, sometimes less, sometimes more. Just depends. Every single situation is different.

Remember guys... DETAILING IS NOT EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME!

The videos provide a guide to get you started but its still up to you to use your common sense, evaluate, and proceed based on what you observe.

The instructional videos are like an address keyed into your cars navigation system. It will give you the basic info on how to get where you're going including left turns, right turns, etc.

Its up to you to use your observational skills to know when to stop at the stop lights, obey the speed limit, and react to road conditions.

If the pad's dusting (as it does with this NE heat right now) I concentrate my spritz of DS to the outside surface/edge of the pad, not adding more product to keep the pad wet. Dusting let's me know there's product still on the pad that just needs rejuvenated.

Archived