Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is in your annual rotation

musclejunkie

Question

I did a full detail....dawned, clay'd and FMP'd my car this spring topping it off with Americana/BG/Americana. I don't think the glaze altered the longevity of the Americana and my cars finish still beads up like crazy.

It is now mid summer here in Michigan. I don't want to push my luck with the protection, so I'm thinking of doing a hand job of Dawn / Clay / Revive and Buttery to tide me over till late October when I do a full detail using dawn / clay / FMP / MSW / Americana to protect for winter.

:confused:What do you guys do? Do you use the same products / procedure all year or change it up? Incidently, my finish is super clean and no swirls, maybe a few micro scratches that hand SHR and Revive will take out.

Thanks amigos!

7 answers to this question

I won't dawn more than once a year... I use ISPA 50/50 with water and remove the wax and then clay and if it needs polished here or there, I'll hit it with some FMP. Then I hit it with MSS, because that's my go to product for my DD. I have two coats of MSS on mine right now, spaced out by a week.

Remember to do the baggie test. If it doesn't need clayed, don't bother.

Just do what's necessary to make it perfect again.

Chris

I do what ever it takes to keep all of my cars looking great. Its hard to say exactly what product or when I use them. As soon as I see a problem, scratch, ect. I fix it. Sometimes I may through every Adam's product made to my car, other times it may just take few to maintain. I hope I understood your question-thread!:2thumbs:

I agree with Chris :D:D:D

The garage queen gets corrected at the start of the spring and then BW or Americana as needed and some BG here and there.

Same thing for the daily driver, it gets corrected in the spring and I use BW or Americana as needed. But late in the fall I go with the IPA 50/50 wipe down and MSS to protect it for the winter.

DD's get corrected according to their need usually twice a year: Fall and Spring. During the summer months I'll just throw another coat of wax on once. Dang it, I think it's time to wax my wifes car!

I always felt that was one of those personal things. If the ride looks in need of fresh wax to YOU, then that is what it needs.

End of the day, we are the ones that care the most how our cars/trucks look like. If a fresh coat of Buttery or Americana is what it takes to find yourself taking quick peaks out the window just to look at it? Then go for it. :lolsmack:

If a fresh coat of Buttery or Americana is what it takes to find yourself taking quick peaks out the window just to look at it? Then go for it. :lolsmack:

Words to live by right there :D:D:D

Archived