Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cigarette smell.

Mysticine

Question

I have never smoked, however the previous operator of my patrol car did. It's evident by the cigarette burns in the seats, carpets, and the melted plastic on the door. :rolleyes:

I "Adamized" the car when I first got it, including a complete cleaning of the interior (I mean everything, carpets, floormats, headliner, etc). I still noticed a faint smell of cigarette smoke that I just couldn't get rid of. A friend suggested an idea and I thought I would share it with you.

I was fortunate enough to leave the car parked for 11 days straight (mini vacation). During that time I bought a large bag of charcoal. I split it into two smaller brown paper bags and placed one in the front and one in the back (the car is separated by a cage). I was thrilled when I returned from vacation to find that the car no longer smelled like cigarette smoke.

I'm not sure if it will last, but it worked for now. :)

Edited by Mysticine

my mother swears by vinegar. She said a couple bowls of white vinegar throughout your house will get rid of any smell, fried foods, paint etc. Any time something smells she leaves out these bowls. Itll smell like vinegar, but once you dump the vinegar down the drain the smell goes away and its odor free!!

She uses vinegar on everything too, its an amazing product. Itll take rust right off of metal for example!

Gonna have to disagree with the vinegar.

I run a pot of it thru our coffee maker at home every couple of months to clean it out. I've taken to doing it outside b/c if its done in the kitchen the smell lingers for days. I'm sure it'll take other smells out, but then you're left with another smell kind of defeats the purpose.

I will still stick 100% with that auto vaccine/auto shock. My 08 Silverado was TERRIBLE. Smelled like the guy smoked 2 packs a day in the truck. Of course I went to look at it on the day it was 100 degrees out so it was even worse. Dealership gave me one of the packets and said do this and it will get rid of it.

Did the treatment once I got home. Next day it was 100 as well.... no cigarette smell. I was impressed. It uses Chlorine Dioxide and goes to town. You let it sit for a little while, then you turn the vehicle on and let it it run with the AC on circulate so that it can get into the vents and everything.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Auto-Shocker-ClO2-interior-eliminator/dp/B001H8VLFC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361517094&sr=8-1&keywords=auto+shocker]Auto Shocker ClO2 car interior odor eliminator : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]