Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bugs and APC

LQ9SS

Question

11 answers to this question

Generally I can use WW and let it sit then they come right off works likea charm on my vette.

But in this RAV 4 and my gf DD which rarely gets washed I had more problems.

I tried it at 100% strength and it helped but still had this issue. These ltttle suckers seemed to turn to cement. Tried clay too, didn't work. I wasn't too worried about removing wax since a full correction will be done in the am and it did not sit there for long due to a wash minutes later.

Not sure what to do next?

IMG_20110722_205328.jpg

IMG_20110722_205258.jpg

Is it alright to use APC on paint? How about cutting it 50/50 to spray on the front bumper to remove bugs? I know it will remove wax but just need to make sure to apply another coat after cleaning.

It is fine, just don't let it dry on the paint. Best to start with the least aggressive method first, so use the 50/50 mixture first.

Also, check out this thread on removing bugs - http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11404.

LQ9SS that link seems like it should do the trick if your dealing with bugs that have not been on to long. I do the same with my car and it works great.

Now on the other hand if they have been baked on for quite some time that is another issue. The pics above show what is left after months of only doing a touchless car wash and never addressing them properly. They are baked on.

APC didn't work

Foam twice

2 bucket wash

GW to dry

Clay the spots

They are still there although the APC did seem to help a bit.

What issue are you dealing with? Bugs from just a couple days ago? Baked on bugs?

I agree 100% and on "my" car they are removed right away. Now the gf on the other hand has a different philosophy.

So now I am about to takle these lil cement suckers.

I will try clay again probably won't do much tho, then?????

I agree 100% and on "my" car they are removed right away. Now the gf on the other hand has a different philosophy.

Try SHR on a mf applicator.

Is it alright to use APC on paint? How about cutting it 50/50 to spray on the front bumper to remove bugs? I know it will remove wax but just need to make sure to apply another coat after cleaning.

Yep. Perfectly safe, start with 50/50 to see if it gets the job done and work up the concentration as needed. Just don't use it on hot paint or allow it to dry. Make sure to rinse (and I mean FLOOD it!) with water afterwards to make sure none is left behind.

If you have any remaining crispy bits really stuck on there go to clay next.

They may need more dwell time instead of a stronger cleaner. Try soaking some of your cheaper, thinner microfiber towels in hot water or in a bucket of wash solution. Place the wet towels over the bugs for about 10 minutes to help soften them up.

Yep. Perfectly safe, start with 50/50 to see if it gets the job done and work up the concentration as needed. Just don't use it on hot paint or allow it to dry. Make sure to rinse (and I mean FLOOD it!) with water afterwards to make sure none is left behind.

If you have any remaining crispy bits really stuck on there go to clay next.

Crispy bits....lol!! I have not had a prob with soaking bugs with a mf in hot water and dilute APC. The Americana I have on the nose keeps bugs from sticking too much.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

While I usually remove bugs right away with APC , had some bugs that were on one of the cars for a few days and after removal left marks behind similar to the above photos. Used 4" focus white pad with SHR (the old version) and for the most part got these bug marks off. Unfortunately some evidence still remains but is alot better.

Seems that this year even when remove bugs right way these critters often leave residue which is difficult to remove..... Perhaps Adam can

produce a pocket knife that will remove this but not harm the paint !!

Archived