Customer Service 866.965.0400

wash bucket/cap

ct06gto

Question

After washing my car i had a bucket of soapy water. Is it stupid to throw the mit in the bucket and cap it for future use or just dump it. I dont want to sound cheap but im wondering what the cap is for.

10 answers to this question

The lid on the bucket is so you can use the bucket as transport for your supplies. A lot of guys will use it to take their detail spray, towels, and other misc. supplies to a show. That way if theres an accidental spill its contained.

I wouldn't advise putting the lid on with anything wet still inside as it would probably just get mildewed in there.

The lid on the bucket is so you can use the bucket as transport for your supplies. A lot of guys will use it to take their detail spray, towels, and other misc. supplies to a show. That way if theres an accidental spill its contained.

I wouldn't advise putting the lid on with anything wet still inside as it would probably just get mildewed in there.

Good enough, Ill dump it.

Thanks

From the web site:

The Gamma Seal lid makes Adam's Grit Guard Wash Bucket perfect for storing your wash tools and supplies, but it's designed to turn your bucket into something far more useful and satisfying... A stool! With a quick twist of the lid you have a perfect place to sit to do the nitty-gritty work on your wheels, grill, rocker panels, etc.

I have done this a couple times when I wash my truck at night and know I'll be washing the wife's car the next morning. Over night the soapy water will turn into pinkish clear water. If you spray more water into the bucket it will suds up. The downside to all of this is if your wash bucket has dirt in it you run the risk of putting that dirt back on your car. Plus when you put the cover on the bucket you create a sauna like area. Mold and other nasty things will like to grow in that.

Since I figured all of this out I change my wash bucket out on every wash... even if I'm washing cars right after each other. I'd rather by safe than sorry.

The cap is especially good for the following:

1. Using the bucket as a stool to clean the wheels
  2. Transporting a ready to use bucket-o-suds to the coin wash when washing in the driveway doesn't work out....(too hot, or too cold, especially for winter washing!)
  3. Keeping the critters, spiderwebs, etc from living in your bucket during the week!

:thumbsup:

I've done a little experimenting with this very thing. Mold and Mildew will grow in there with enough time and other elements like heat. I left two pads in a sealed, clean, soapy bucket for a week's time. Although I didn't see any Mold or Mildew, I can imagine some may have been growing.

I then took and executed two washes with said pads. Knowing the soapy water was clean helped with the anxiety of things...but had I washed one of the cars, then capped it...I would have chosen to just start with new suds. My experiment was to see how the pads held up being saturated for that long. I am still using them....over 15 washes later. I have been blessed with two really good washpads this round!

Mook

I stacked my buckets on top of eachother intending to wash and dry them later and forgot about it. Then I didn't use one of the buckets for a month, and when I got it back out, it had mold all over the bottom. Always make sure to clean your buckets out.

Archived