Customer Service 866.965.0400

Shell V Power, worth it?

MAYBEN

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my corn on a plate. I like gas in the gas tank.

I like corn on my plate too, but when it adds 40HP I do like it in my tank as well :)

I don't see any drawbacks against using E10 versus straight fuel. It's at least 10% of fuel consumed that we don't have to increase our trade deficit for.

But like I said before, people who claim ethanol is a feasible long-term alternative/replacement for gas, need their heads examined. There is plenty of oil in the soil right here in North America, and the technology is available TODAY to recover it economically AND enviromentally. But as long as Big Oil can make more money importing it (what do they care about the trade deficit), all bets are off.

The SS has always gotten 93 from Shell since I got it.. one day a buddy put gas in it for me.. it ran like crap so I accused him of putting in low grade.. no he said he didnt.. he used BP.. unreal how bad the idle was.. bottle of Lucas & another tank of Shell and was good to go. I have a customer who has a BP and tells me not to buy his gas!!

I just filled up with BP 87 octane on my trip home from Chicago. What is the reason behind your customer saying to not buy his gas?

I like corn on my plate too, but when it adds 40HP I do like it in my tank as well :)

I don't see any drawbacks against using E10 versus straight fuel. It's at least 10% of fuel consumed that we don't have to increase our trade deficit for.

But like I said before, people who claim ethanol is a feasible long-term alternative/replacement for gas, need their heads examined. There is plenty of oil in the soil right here in North America, and the technology is available TODAY to recover it economically AND enviromentally. But as long as Big Oil can make more money importing it (what do they care about the trade deficit), all bets are off.

I don't see E10 adding 40 HP to my vehicles. Probably won't add any.

I don't see E10 adding 40 HP to my vehicles. Probably won't add any.

I'm talking about E85, not E10. That will probably not make any difference. Besides, you'll need a re-tune to take advantage of the higher effective octane rating of E85.