Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish - dry time?

Team Adam's

Question

I just got a phone call from a customer and at the same time saw a post with a member asking how long to let polish dry before it can be removed. Both great questions and I think it's probably a common concern that most have.

Polish, either our Revive Polish, Swirl and Haze Remover, or Fine Machine Polish - even our Metal Polish 1 and 2 - have ZERO dry time. They are not products that need to cure or form a protective layer and therefore can be removed after application. We still made them dustless so when they are removed you shouldn't be plagued with dust all over your hard work.

All of our polishes however should be used till they can't be seen any longer - that's part of "working them in." You'll want to use our Revive, Fine Machine Polish, and Swirl and Haze Remover till they've gone completely clear on your paint or clear coat. That's when they've been broken down and you can move on to your next body panel. Will that take a long time? Potentially, but remember it's all about patience, pressure, and practice!

:rockon:

24 answers to this question

Great info right there. Thanks Jason.. Even cooler temps don't make it impossible to polish the vehicle.

Wax takes a little longer and the presence of heat definitely helps, but I just waxed (I hate to say it) my wifes lawn tractor and it's 38 degrees outside. :banana:

Great info right there. Thanks Jason.. Even cooler temps don't make it impossible to polish the vehicle.

Wax takes a little longer and the presence of heat definitely helps, but I just waxed (I hate to say it) my wifes lawn tractor and it's 38 degrees outside. :banana:

I don't know what's funnier... that you were outside polishing a tractor in 38 degree weather, or the fact that it's your wife's tractor. What kind of bizzaro world are you living in?!? :lol:

Rich

Well, she needed a tractor to use for yard work. When I bought the scag zero turn, she got the old lawn tractor. It's easily 10 years old now and still looks brand new.

Gotta do whatch gotta do - just keep her happy... :D

Welcome to my world.. :lolsmack:

Edited by Nitelord

:worth:

ok.

Here are the ones I have that didn't come out so blurred. I tried to get the reflection of the 2x4 sitting above it.

Disregard the scratches. I'm not repainting a lawn tractor.....:lol:

Ok, now pics of a tractor. We're all clearly too obsessed with this stuff... :lol:

(nice job, btw... gonna enter it in any shows?!?)

Ok, now pics of a tractor. We're all clearly too obsessed with this stuff... :lol:

(nice job, btw... gonna enter it in any shows?!?)

What is next half-crazed detailers running loose polishing anything not moving? lol... laughing025.giflaughing006.gif

ok.

Here are the ones I have that didn't come out so blurred. I tried to get the reflection of the 2x4 sitting above it.

Disregard the scratches. I'm not repainting a lawn tractor.....:lol:

Come on, use the PC!!:lol:

I fine machined polished today with not so great results. Spiders are still there. Jason, when you say keep working it until clear, do you mean 100% cant see it anymore PERIOD, not even at an angle in the light? Or, just that you cant easily see it after initial application? As the polish got thinner on the car, I became nervous that the pad would start to scratch, so I stopped and whiped off the very fine residue. Should I have continued with the D.O.?

I fine machined polished today with not so great results. Spiders are still there. Jason, when you say keep working it until clear, do you mean 100% cant see it anymore PERIOD, not even at an angle in the light? Or, just that you cant easily see it after initial application? As the polish got thinner on the car, I became nervous that the pad would start to scratch, so I stopped and whiped off the very fine residue. Should I have continued with the D.O.?

:lurk::bump:

You will never get it so that you can't see it, it would dry up and you'd be throwing dust everywhere before you got to that point :2thumbs:

Try another pass with a little more pressure on the pad, it may take a few passes to get it all out :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Sorry I didn't reply right away, I had to go visit the grandparents and do the family dinner thing :grouphug:

As long as your pad is clean and you have used a bit of Detail Spray to lubricate the pad in the beginning you'll have no fear of scratching your vehicle. Especially a Corvette with it's rock hard clear coat. At the detail clinic today in Arizona one thing we REALLY highlighted is that a quick back and forth with the machine will do NOTHING to get perfect results. Lay into it and move slowly back and and forth. 5,000 opms on your PC is ideal. Patience is key and so is pressure. You'll want to put enough pressure on the pad so that at 5,000 opms you'll prevent the pad from spinning.

Sorry I didn't reply right away, I had to go visit the grandparents and do the family dinner thing :grouphug:

As long as your pad is clean and you have used a bit of Detail Spray to lubricate the pad in the beginning you'll have no fear of scratching your vehicle. Especially a Corvette with it's rock hard clear coat. At the detail clinic today in Arizona one thing we REALLY highlighted is that a quick back and forth with the machine will do NOTHING to get perfect results. Lay into it and move slowly back and and forth. 5,000 opms on your PC is ideal. Patience is key and so is pressure. You'll want to put enough pressure on the pad so that at 5,000 opms you'll prevent the pad from spinning.

Thanks for the information Jason!:pc::)