Customer Service 866.965.0400

Using SHR alone

LQ9SS

Question

Does anyone use just SHR and not follow will the FMP? I know you won't get near the results if you do use the FMP after, but I am detailing a friends 09 silver impala and am not going for perfection, just want to remove some minor swirls/scratches.

12 answers to this question

You kins of answered your own question. You won't get the best results but I would imagine you would see a decent improvement.

I would just be concerned about the micro marring that the SHR would cause and how bad that might be visible in the daylight.

Does anyone use just SHR and not follow will the FMP? I know you won't get near the results if you do use the FMP after, but I am detailing a friends 09 silver impala and am not going for perfection, just want to remove some minor swirls/scratches.

The SHR will remove scratches but it will leave real fine marring & cloudiness that the FMP will remove, so yes you need to use FMP after.

I agree, just use the FMP :cheers:

Does the FMP have the capability of removes minor swirls/scratces. I am using the Flex btw...

Also, can you use the FMP with the orange pad? would it give the polish more cutting capabilities?

Does the FMP have the capability of removes minor swirls/scratces. I am using the Flex btw...

Also, can you use the FMP with the orange pad? would it give the polish more cutting capabilities?

The FMP with White pad will do a great job on minor swirls and scratches especially with a Flex. I've done entire paint corrections with just FMP cause I ran out of SHR, it just takes a few more passes :2thumbs:

The FMP with White pad will do a great job on minor swirls and scratches especially with a Flex. I've done entire paint corrections with just FMP cause I ran out of SHR, it just takes a few more passes :2thumbs:

Thanks Bill, you are always great help:thumbsup:

Archived