Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Cleaner safe for Tinted Sunglasses?

Carolinaboy

Question

I have some expensive set of Costa Del Mars, that I treat like children lol

I am sure GC is probably fine but just want to make sure, they do have mirrored lenses so that is what I'm worried about. The local eye doctor has free fill ups on their lense cleaner, but they aren't exactly on my way home kind of thing.

I use Adam's on everything on my truck why not my Sunglasses?

So am I correct and assuming it's safe?

18 answers to this question

thats crazy.. sounds like a cool guy..

I know my lenses were fogging up in St. Lucia on our Honeymoon last year, was very humid.. going from the AC room to outside, took some time to adjust

correction: your $900 lens is now no good to you, the GC and California climate has now compromised the integrity of the lens, therefore you should send it here to NJ, I'll take care of it..

Disclaimer: GC works wonders on lots of stuff, including lenses, but California Climate alone does not sound like a good way to convince Sir Dylan into sending his lens to me.. I'm sure none of this makes sense as I am confused writing it

LOL... funny story: Working the GSR booth at Hot August Nights this past week, guy comes in with a very nicely outfitted D300s while I'm snapping some shots and he comments on my camera. We get into a little discussion on the hobby and he starts to tell me that the Nikon warranty doesn't over extreme cold or altitude. I asked him how he knew (keeping in mind this is an older gentleman) and he said his 18-200mm VRII housing cracked due to the sub zero temps and 22,000+ ft elevation when he was climbing Mt. Everest! Guess the guys been all over the world doing extreme photography like that. Neat guy to talk to, and now I know I need a different lens if I ever decide to take on everest :lolsmack:

correction: your $900 lens is now no good to you, the GC and California climate has now compromised the integrity of the lens, therefore you should send it here to NJ, I'll take care of it..

Disclaimer: GC works wonders on lots of stuff, including lenses, but California Climate alone does not sound like a good way to convince Sir Dylan into sending his lens to me.. I'm sure none of this makes sense as I am confused writing it

I have a pair of Mykita Sunglasses $400 for the frames $400 for the lenses that "Glass Cleaner" has worked very well for. :thumbsup: I haven't worked up the "you know what" to try the "Glass Sealer" on them though. Now that I think about it, that's two freaking car payments. :confused:

Archived