Customer Service 866.965.0400

handle for my new PC 7424xp buffer?

smokemeister25

Question

i just got my first order from adams with all my stuff today. first off...it's friday and when i ordered it i asked ashley if it might be here by this weekend? she said '' hmmm... maybe..'' so i find out she sent it fedx saturday delivery to make sure even though she covered the shipping and this cost more. so thanks to ashley and i'm quickly learning about what this company is all about. of course they want to make money, and i want them to make money so they stay in business. but they sure make a strong point in that they want to give customer service above and beyond anybody else as well as making great products. so it actually all came a day early... :banana:

so, now i'm an official orbital buffer dude... :pc:

was wondering if anyone knows if you can put a different handle on the PC like what the meguiars or griot buffer has? it connects to both sides and is adjustable. as junkman told me you don't really push on the machine too hard, but i have a couple of really bad hands and wrists and thought maybe the adjustable handle would take a little stress off for me if anyone knows how to get one and if it would fit? i've got in my mind that porter cable probably makes some of these other machines and the dimensions are the same.

thanks for any info

15 answers to this question

I agree about the awesome customer service. I placed a fairly decent sized order and asked if they could include a couple of those die-cut stickers. They threw about 8 in the box and now I can label all of my non-Adam's generic no-name storage boxes, bottles, etc with my favorite brand.

so, doesn't anybody think the adjustable handle on the top of other machines would be of any help to someone that's a little challenged by bad joints? to be more clear, i've had 7 operations on my right wrist plus 2 on my elbow and two on my shoulder. now i have to have a bone removed from my left wrist and i've had that shoulder operated on twice two. if you're wondering i used to be a professional boxer and also had a short (very short... :) stint in the NFL and now my youth is catching up to me with injuries. people like AJ advised the PC so much i bought it anyway instead of the other brands and also told me Adams was the only way to go. i've never used a buffer before so i have no actual time with one and maybe this is all a dumb question, but i thought if there was anyplace to ask it would be our forum

so far i'm very happy with all things Adams and am pretty sure if they don't sell it i probably don't need it. i bought their middle PC kit with a bunch of microfiber towels and waffle waterless towels and a glass kit and also a gallon each of car shampoo and detail and a clay bar kit and some extra foam pads and solutions to use it on. i started out being interested in detailing when my wife bought us a new family car and i didn't want to pay the 750 buck paint protection and thought i'd get a 20 buck bottle of meguiars wax and do it myself. now i've spent 500 bucks and am having fun learning how to do this stuff and watching all the videos and reading the experts instructions.

you should have seen me out in the rain today with my claybar when i told my wife ''i'm not crazy... if i do it in the rain i don't have to use as much detail spray to keep things wet.... :) she told me i was becoming a fanatic.

yea, maybe... but the area on my old denali was as smooth as a babies bottom when i was done...

thanks for all the help. tomorrow, i'm gonna hook up my pressure washer and try my new 18 dollar foam cannon with the adams car wash and have some fun and get some excercise at the same time. and also have a nice clean car in the end too..

:D

I find the unit to vibrate too much with the handle off. Of course, I never even use the handle, but I keep it on to keep the machine from vibrating. Is there a solution to this so I can take the handle off but use something to help absorb the vibration?

I find the unit to vibrate too much with the handle off. Of course, I never even use the handle, but I keep it on to keep the machine from vibrating. Is there a solution to this so I can take the handle off but use something to help absorb the vibration?

Yes, just go to the hardware store and get a short bolt with the same thread pattern as the handle. It keeps the cover tight. Take the PC with you, it will save a lot of time :2thumbs:

Bill why not just take the handle to the hardware store, easier that taking the PC with you. Unless to show off the new buffer to one and all.:pc:

I didn't find taking the PC to the hardware store too hard :lolsmack:

was wondering if anyone knows if you can put a different handle on the PC like what the meguiars or griot buffer has? it connects to both sides and is adjustable.

Les, those other machines are modeled after the Porter Cable, so the handle for one of them should fit the PC. Also, there is a company that makes some accessories that help with gripping the PC. Send me a PM it you want more information.

This is exactly what you Need!

1gripcombo.jpg

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDV-Nwr1ctw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDV-Nwr1ctw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

I've been trying to think of the name of that thing all day !!!!!!!!

And you are right, it would be perfect :thumbsup:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RDV-Nwr1ctw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting! Has anyone here used one of those Sure Grips? I'd love to know if it reduces vibration, or at least simulates reduced vibration...

The vibration is the main complaint for the Porter Cable, and even with a larger handle, it vibrates....unfortunately.

The tool to use, with nearly zero vibration, is the Flex....and if you have issues with the PC, I'm confident the Flex will agree with you, and will not hurt delicate hands/ bones, etc...

:)

Archived