Customer Service 866.965.0400

How do you store your products?

Willison's

Question

i store all of my stuff in my closet. keeping the products at room temp increases their shelf life. i also keep my microfiber towels in a little cheap storage bin inside my closet to keep as much dust off of them as possible, while still leaving them open to the air so mold spores don't grow!

31d74427.jpg

the towels you see here are just dirty ones waiting to go in the washer

7b78aad3.jpg

Chris's garage is cool! :glasses:

My product may be organized but my garage doesn't have character like Chris's garage...

Most product in the cabinets and extra gallons on the counter top.

IMG_3429.jpg

This pic is a couple months old, have more towels in here now:

IMG_3430.jpg

I keep the brushes over the utility sink (where I leave them to dry). The wash pads stay there for a day or two until they are fully dry then go in the cabinet with the towels. (No pic but under the utility sink I keep the wash buckets)

IMG_3428.jpg

The vac and PC go in a lower cabinet with other tools and paint cans...

IMG_3431.jpg

I have a large storage container that I store all of the product in. Then, I have 4 large bags. 1 has my 4 wash mits in it, another has my cheap MFs, another has my Adam's MFs, and the last one has things like the brushes and sponges (for wheel wells, chill guys). Then I have a small plastic bag for the small pads, and a normal bag for the regular PC pads.

Have a detailing cart in the garage with two large Rubber Maid storage containers on it. One for wax towels and one for drying towels. Also have the blaster side kick on it. The side kick is great, used it for the first time this past week and it is assume, it's not a master blaster but does a nice job and cut my drying time in half and did not need to dry the wheels and tires as it got them dry. I keep all of my waxes, polishes and cleaners in the basement cool, dry and protected from the summer heat and winter cold. I have heat in the garage but only when I'm working there.

OK guys and gals, I know products range from each other in their shelf life but what is the general rule of thumb if they are kept correctly (room temperature, put away correct)? I have bought a nice collection of products over the summer and want to make sure they are ready to go when summer comes back around after this michigan winter :(.

I think I need that lazy susan.

garage-1.jpg

Also, I hand my brushes and have a small basket for the dirty towels.

brushes, before the basket.

garage-2.jpg

This is the only shot I have of the basket. it's on the left side there beside the brushes.

garage-7.jpg

The 18" one might JUST fit in the cabinet, but the 10" one would be perfect to put two of them next to each other. Or even three really. the cabinet is 32" wide so I could squeeze three in there just fine. Guess I need to stop by BB&BY today. :D

Thanks, so far I'm happy with it.