Customer Service 866.965.0400

in and out spray or VRT for removing wax

AutoSpa

Question

11 answers to this question

I found a couple tricks that work for removing wax embedded in plastic and rubber weatherstripping. First tip is from Eric Thompson- Use the clay bar on it. I used a piece of throw away clay and a little APC on my Vette trim and it worked great. Secondly, I learned that using a Q-tip with some super VRT and meticulously scrubbing the trim back and forth worked for me as well. I had wax embedded in the rear window trim/weatherstripping and front cowl trim pieces, and between these two methods I was able to restore the trim perfectly.

I found a couple tricks that work for removing wax embedded in plastic and rubber weatherstripping. First tip is from Eric Thompson- Use the clay bar on it. I used a piece of throw away clay and a little APC on my Vette trim and it worked great. Secondly, I learned that using a Q-tip with some super VRT and meticulously scrubbing the trim back and forth worked for me as well. I had wax embedded in the rear window trim/weatherstripping and front cowl trim pieces, and between these two methods I was able to restore the trim perfectly.

Excellent advice! When the area is bigger than Q-tip size, try a MF towel wrapped around a popsicle stick.

Archived