Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wrecked my car... (pics!)

Vincenzo

when i got rear ended by a jack knifed trailer (weird story involving illegal immigrant landscapers) in my old truck, they wanted to put a used bedside on so that the truck wasn't totalled. i gave in and let them because the truck was only worth $4k at the time. didn't really bother me, it was the only panel that didn't have clear coat peeling off of it LOL!

when i went to the shop to see the progress, it literally came from a salvage yard, and the inside had a spray in liner. they weren't going to spray bedliner on the rest and i told them if they were putting a bed panel that was sprayed, the rest of the bed needed it also... so i got a free spray-in bedliner out of the wreck too!

Took her to my buddy's shop, gonna be between 5 and 6 most likely. He is going to do some custom stuff for me too though, like clearing the underside of my hood and panting the rear wheel wells flat black and clearing them. Gonna be awesome, except the part where I jack the car up every week, take off the wheels, and wash/wax the inside of the wheel wells.

Ian...from a fellow Mustang owner, I feel your pain. I tore up my front fascia on a steep driveway Saturday. I was just sick. This is your first car? Wow, how cool! Glad you are OK. Like everyone has said, use your insurance. I hate insurance companies almost as much as lawyers. Make em pay and make em fix it right. Just don't get a lawyer involved. Make sure about the paint process. Do not let them mask and paint only a spot or area. I had that done to me once...looked like crap with a nice mask line across a fender. When it is all done it will look like new. Don't fret the small stuff. White Mustangs are cool, especially ones with blue or grey stripes!

Yeah, it being my first car makes it hurt even worse. I will literally do "anything necessary" to make sure I don't get screwed. My body shop guy will make sure it's done right. He says not to replace the whole 1/4, just to cut it, but he promises I will not be able to see any difference. And of course, he will sand and repaint the whole thing.

Yeah, we think we are right now.

You know, on the upside, when all is said and done I am hoping my car will look like this

billetgrillcs67.jpg

Yes, my chopping skills are not great, but to be fair, I did not have any good pictures to work with. I actually had to hand draw the new hood.

Archived