Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wrecked my car... (pics!)

Vincenzo

Well it was bound to happen eventually. I was coming home from the Ohio detail clinic when it happened. I was only about 3 miles outside of my house, too. I was going 40 in a 45, was not texting, was not distracted, music was not overly loud, road was not wet, and I was not under the influence of anything except 3 advil and a smart water I had an hour before. Admittedly, I was a little tired (and I do mean just a little), which probably played a big part in this. I was kind of zoning out, still paying attention to the road, but just enjoying driving my car down a mildly windy road in the sunshine on a Sunday afternoon, when "Suddenly! A wild squirrel/chipmunk/what have you appears!". Without even considering the option of running down the animal, I swerved to the right, off the road, into a ditch, and into some trees. Totally an involuntary reaction to something jumping out in front of you when you are admittedly not paying as much attention as you usually do. Adding insult to injury (and I did hurt my shoulder in the accident), my mirror exploded in my face through the open window, showering me in glass shards, putting a small tear in the side of the passenger seat, and getting all over 3 single soft towels that were sitting open in a bag in the back seat. I also lost my sun glasses, my phone (which I found on the way home from school today!) and some other small things. And so onto the pictures.....

mDSC_0254.jpg

mDSC_0257.jpg

mDSC_0259.jpg

mDSC_0260.jpg

mDSC_0261.jpg

mDSC_0262.jpg

mDSC_0263.jpg

mDSC_0264.jpg

mDSC_0278.jpg

mDSC_0280.jpg

mDSC_0281.jpg

So basically it will cost around 500 bucks to paint each panel, with a minimum of 3 panels. The 1/4 will cost 600 bucks, the fender 300, the door 800. Then my rear bumper is a bit cracked, but that might be able to be repaired. My front bumper and hood are scraped a bit, which I'll probably have to live with. The window trim is torn up, and the mirror is completely gone. I will need new mounts, motor, glass, mirror covers, etc, which will be like 250 bucks. The rocker trim is also scratched, but I doubt I can replace that cheaply. All in all I am thinking around 6K in total. Plus, I still need totally new pads and rotors for my breaks, which will be another 1K. On top of that, I need to buy a new cover for my phone (40 bucks) new sunglasses (30 bucks) and I need to get the hunks of grass, mud, flowers, twigs, and glass out of my interior. ON TOP OF ALL THAT, because of the timing, I won't be able to wax the car until like mid December, exposing the soon-to-be-painted panels to winter weather in Ohio (!!!!) for 2 months. Then there is the problem of a 17 year old with a fast car and insurance rates, along with explaining to everyone how I ****ed up and wrecked such a great first car. Also, I detailed my engine bay at the show and now it is full of mud and leaves and some dead bugs. There is literally no redeaming part to this because my front bumper and rear bumper will not be replaced, which both need to be do to terrible orange peel, and I just want a less lame looking front bumper. Not gonna happen now. Not for a very long time. And new rims, hood, and 4.10s? Bah, good luck.

Thanks for listening to me vent for a little bit. Still just so angry.

Oh yeah, and it was a really nasty ditch I ended up in. I was at such an awkward angle that I easily could have flipped in a car with a higher COG. So I guess I'm happy I didnt wrap my car around a tree at 40mph. Also, a half mile up the road there was a guard rail protruding out. That means that if it had happened just a little farther along, I would have slammed head on into a guard rail. So I'm happy I'm not dead, lol.

Like a boss

:glasses:

Yes, except my shoulder, which I am taking a few painkillers for. Don't think it's anything serious, but it will make picking up 80lb bags of dogfood and carrying them across the store at the Kroger I work at hard for a few days. I am lucky the windows were down because my head actually went partially out the window. I would have smacked my head right against it. Also, I ended up with glass shards IN MY SHOES. Which is why my shoes are laying in the driveway in 2 of the pics.

Well I wasn't THAT tired, lol. No, I had just been driving for 3.5 hours from Akron, and literally, 5 minutes before this happened I had started feeling tired. And because I was so close to home and I was only a little tired, I just kept going.

Alright that sucks. Being a fellow mustang owner I feel your pain. If that happened to me with my new bumper I put on I would cry. I would also think about if I wanted to change ANYTHING on the body and do it now. For me, I would shave the fender emblems in the front but that is on my car. If you have thought about anything other than the stock pieces this is the time to change it up! Glad your ok man, when I take long drives here in Tx (long doesn't even begin to describe some of the trips it takes here) I take a quick 15-20 min siesta at a safe location.

Well the problem is that besides a scratched front bumper and a slightly cracked rear, there is nothing I can upgrade. I will get Agent 47 mirrors, only because the stocks cost 30 bucks less, but otherwise I didn't hurt anything that could be upgraded. My dad suggested I go get a bat and make the insurance company buy me a GT/CS front bumper, but I am too honest of a dude to do that.

My family found out the hard way, if 1 of your headlights is broke at all with the lens or mounts, crack both! they will only replace the one and it will never look right with 1 being factory ford and the other reproduction. you won't want to spend what ford wants for those things.

My family found out the hard way, if 1 of your headlights is broke at all with the lens or mounts, crack both! they will only replace the one and it will never look right with 1 being factory ford and the other reproduction. you won't want to spend what ford wants for those things.

My dad rear ended someone a few months back in that nice GT you see in those pics in the garage. He had to have a new bumper, a new radiator, new radiator shroud, cover, etc, and a new passenger headlight. The headlight became a major problem cause his is a factory HID headlight, and it cost him 800 bucks.

this is why you pay for insurance... have them pay for the damages! i don't get why people pay for insurance and don't use them when they get in a wreck.

this is your first wreck, i'm sure your parents have been with the same insurance company for a long time and your under the same coverage as them, your rate probably will not increase after this. you were the only car involved, so they aren't going to be worried about damages to other people. if your rate does go up, take a defensive driving course to get an additional discount. my parents made me take one every 12 months from when i was 16 to when i moved out at 18. they're 6-8 hours long and you can do it online over the course of several days.

OHH!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR AND GET AN X-RAY OR MRI OF THAT SHOULDER! you could have a hairline fracture somewhere in there. my little brother just cracked his doing a backflip at a YoungLife retreat, although it didn't realy hurt him a few days after, my parents took him to get checked anyway. sure enough he cracked something and now he has to sit out of football his junior year at the risk of breaking it further and having to have surgery.

glad your okay, but not glad the squirrel is okay! anything smaller than a large dog is roadkill if it gets in your way; not worth the risk of killing someone else. watch out for deer and moose, if they get in your way, speed up and pray the antlers don't go through the windsheild :xfingers:

this is why you pay for insurance... have them pay for the damages! i don't get why people pay for insurance and don't use them when they get in a wreck.

this is your first wreck, i'm sure your parents have been with the same insurance company for a long time and your under the same coverage as them, your rate probably will not increase after this. you were the only car involved, so they aren't going to be worried about damages to other people. if your rate does go up, take a defensive driving course to get an additional discount. my parents made me take one every 12 months from when i was 16 to when i moved out at 18. they're 6-8 hours long and you can do it online over the course of several days.

OHH!!! GO TO THE DOCTOR AND GET AN X-RAY OR MRI OF THAT SHOULDER! you could have a hairline fracture somewhere in there. my little brother just cracked his doing a backflip at a YoungLife retreat, although it didn't realy hurt him a few days after, my parents took him to get checked anyway. sure enough he cracked something and now he has to sit out of football his junior year at the risk of breaking it further and having to have surgery.

glad your okay, but not glad the squirrel is okay! anything smaller than a large dog is roadkill if it gets in your way; not worth the risk of killing someone else. watch out for deer and moose, if they get in your way, speed up and pray the antlers don't go through the windsheild :xfingers:

:iagree:

Well the problem is that besides a scratched front bumper and a slightly cracked rear, there is nothing I can upgrade. I will get Agent 47 mirrors, only because the stocks cost 30 bucks less, but otherwise I didn't hurt anything that could be upgraded. My dad suggested I go get a bat and make the insurance company buy me a GT/CS front bumper, but I am too honest of a dude to do that.

Good man. Making the damage worse is insurance fraud, and not only does that cost all of us, it could make your lifetime of premiums much worse if you ever got nailed.

I also believe you have a right to demand genuine OEM parts, especially on a vehicle as new as yours. When my 2010 VW got rear-ended they wanted to uses a knock-off bumper and I said no way; they had no problem with that and got me OEM no questions asked. :thumbsup:

Good man. Making the damage worse is insurance fraud, and not only does that cost all of us, it could make your lifetime of premiums much worse if you ever got nailed.

I also believe you have a right to demand genuine OEM parts, especially on a vehicle as new as yours. When my 2010 VW got rear-ended they wanted to uses a knock-off bumper and I said no way; they had no problem with that and got me OEM no questions asked. :thumbsup:

When my dad bumped a car with his GT/CS they wanted to give him some chinese knockoff GT/CS front bumper, and we literally had to threaten the guy we were talking with before he finally gave in and let us have it. It was only a 30 dollar difference, BTW.

Archived