Customer Service 866.965.0400

Where I can buy a GOOD garage rolling stool??

Chase@InsanePaint

• 1 month later...

You gotta check out Adam's new seat. The thing looks killer and since it's made like the cart, it's practically indestructable. Plus it's on sale for Veteran's Day. Can't get better than that!:2thumbs:

• 3 months later...
The two above rolling stools look a bit low for my seat, I want an Adams detail seat. Looks to be the correct hight for me.

+1 The Adams seat is perfect for detailing. Get one Mark. Those other too are so low like you said...who wants to polish a vertical panel with their legs fully extended? No thanks.

+1 The Adams seat is perfect for detailing. Get one Mark. Those other too are so low like you said...who wants to polish a vertical panel with their legs fully extended? No thanks.

I guess you guys have never used one. You can extend your legs and lean back or cross your legs. There is no leaning over when doing wheels or lower body panels. One key with any stool is having some back support be it low or higher.

Those other too are so low like you said...who wants to polish a vertical panel with their legs fully extended? No thanks.

I can see them being useful for working the lower sections of the car (or most of the car for something like a 'Vette) and for the wheels.

The tailbone (red one I posted) is perfect for detailing lower sections. I am 6ft 3 and I could sit in it all day and roll around the garage. Looks are deceiving until you sit in it. I also added the metal tray in front (magnetic craftsman tray)

The tailbone (red one I posted) is perfect for detailing lower sections. I am 6ft 3 and I could sit in it all day and roll around the garage. Looks are deceiving until you sit in it. I also added the metal tray in front (magnetic craftsman tray)

Where did you get it Ryan, I may have to check it out, especially if your tall and have had no issues.:thumbsup:

Dave isn't it like sitting on a hard surface hard on your rear end after a while?

Honestly Matt, it would be if it didn't have the pad on the top. The top is plastic, but the pad is really thick and comfortable IMHO. It's nice because it's removable and has a little cut-out for a handle. I've used the pad itself every detail since I got the seat in. It works great when cleaning the wheels.

Honestly Matt, it would be if it didn't have the pad on the top. The top is plastic, but the pad is really thick and comfortable IMHO. It's nice because it's removable and has a little cut-out for a handle. I've used the pad itself every detail since I got the seat in. It works great when cleaning the wheels.

Oh I didnt know it came with a pad. :thumbsup:

It comes with a heavy duty 3" thick pad that's removable. It has a cutout handle (you can take the cutout out or leave it in) so you can grab the pad off the seat and throw it on the ground when you have to get on your knees, or (like me) need to lay down on the ground to get those tough to reach parts underneath .............. like when I'm polishing my exhaust or working on the undercarriage. Honestly......one of my best purchases to date. And I'm not just saying that.:2thumbs::2thumbs:

Not to take anything away from Adams rolling seat, But what I use is an old rolling computer chair. I took off the arm rests and the back rest(my preference) It raises and drops to my preferred height and saved me a bunch of money :D

ps...and it padded :cheers:

What I use wouldn't qualify as a GOOD rolling stool, but it is cheap. I had an old computer chair that had broken but I saved the seat cushion when I threw it away. I then cut down a 5 gallon bucket so that it was only a couple inches tall. I then screwed what was left of the bucket to the bottom of the cushion and then put that in my bucket caddy. It's not elegant but it allows me to roll around pretty low. And it was cheap. :banana:

DSC_2945.jpg

DSC_2947.jpg

Archived