Customer Service 866.965.0400

Say you had $3-5K to spend on a fun car...

Marylander

I would probably buy a little MGB or maybe a pre-74 spitfire. Perhaps even a Fiat 124 Spider, money allowing. Something small, fun, and a convertible.

Conversely I also might get a rat rod. As long as mechanically everything is sound, the rust ads character.

I would look for a 02 or 03 WRX that needed some love and play around with that

^^^ Im with him, ive actually been contemplating this, a kid around me is doing full front end STi swap on a wagon like this, its sick, hes not close to done and I think they said it runs 12 on pump gas haha. Sti front end and motor, bigger turbo, would be so much fun. This ones like what I would get, talk them down from that, prolly could get it for around 3500 then prolly throw 8-10g over the few years making it sweet!

2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon, $4,695 - Cars.com

Not for everyone but I think its sick, plus a sweet sleeper if you dont wanna go too far!

^^^ Im with him, ive actually been contemplating this, a kid around me is doing full front end STi swap on a wagon like this, its sick, hes not close to done and I think they said it runs 12 on pump gas haha. Sti front end and motor, bigger turbo, would be so much fun. This ones like what I would get, talk them down from that, prolly could get it for around 3500 then prolly throw 8-10g over the few years making it sweet!

2002 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport Wagon, $4,695 - Cars.com

Not for everyone but I think its sick, plus a sweet sleeper if you dont wanna go too far!

gata love the subarus, even the wagon always lookss good. I had a WRB 2003 bought untill the guy wouldnt give me the title :( so I canceled the cashiers check! It is in my plans maybe next spring to buy a wrx

gata love the subarus, even the wagon always lookss good. I had a WRB 2003 bought untill the guy wouldnt give me the title :( so I canceled the cashiers check! It is in my plans maybe next spring to buy a wrx

ahh man that sucks, itl be right at the right time though. I plan on picking up an 05 or 06 STi hopefully when my jeep reaches its limit or i choose not to mod it. Only thing that sucks with subbies is you know that most of them were either tracked or beat the h*ll out of. Gotta pretty much know the person who owned it before or plan on rebuilding it. One of my favorite cars of all time though!

yeah, I have been seeing bone stock subies around here though so they could not have been beat to much! and then I could mod with aprts of my choice which I like. I was working with a guy on another 2003 and we were working on a price after I test drove it and liked it. I randomly decided to do a cardax and found out the car had been

1) tottaled with 3k on it

2)sat in a junkyard for a year and

3) he was the 8th owner!

so needless to say I said forget that car and gave up on my hunt for a subie

Some may say it's a girls car, but a Mazda Miata would be a fun choice. They are reliable, fun to drive, have a ton of mods available, and readily available. If set up for SCCA type autocross, thay handle as well as some super cars (can lap faster than many muscle cars, too).

The ragtop is just a bonus....

Some may say it's a girls car, but a Mazda Miata would be a fun choice. They are reliable, fun to drive, have a ton of mods available, and readily available. If set up for SCCA type autocross, thay handle as well as some super cars (can lap faster than many muscle cars, too).

The ragtop is just a bonus....

I've actually looked at those with an eye toward making it into a real handler, but Im 6'2" and just can't get comfortable in them (though I could always swap in a racing seat, but m not sure I want to go down that road...)

Cool ideas in this thread. Speaking of subarus, anyone heard more about factory five's plans for a WRX based kit car?

if it had to be a car some old eg hatch, with b16 already in it and throw 10 psi to it, fun dd..

If i could use it on the car, built trans :)

not gonna find a H22 in a eg for under 5k lol

be realistic here guys! lol

Id do a built K in a eg with a 6262 if we could be dreamerss lol

Archived