Customer Service 866.965.0400

IPA % and mixture

csrt4

Question

Hi,

For the IPA, what type I need to use 70% or 99% to make my 50/50 mixte? If I don't have a foam gun to use the IPA mixte, what recommendation to strip the old wax ?

Does I can use a old 16 oz adam's bottle and spray the car has I can do with WCW and wipe with a MF towel ?

Steve

21 answers to this question

Steve those are correct.

You can use the IPA mixture to remove 'old' wax before claying, and also to have an oil-free surface after polishing before you apply the new wax/sealant.

I can do a IPA strip before claying.

I use some SSR or SHR or both and FMP

After FMP and before MSS, I can do another IPA strip ?

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I think it's a spritz on, gently wipe off with clean towel, after polishing or if you have a panel that just didn't turn out right and you want to start fresh with the SHR/Polish process. I got in on the buy2get2 Single soft deal last week. I used all 8 plus the 4 I already had last weekend! haha.

So just to clarify everything.

Do you guys spray it on the car first and then wipe it off, or spray it into the towel and wipe that on the car?

What towel do you use for this?

How many towels do you go through for a wipe down of the entire car?

This step is not required, but can be done.

Translated:

Cette étape n'est pas obligatoire, mais il peut être fait.

Hope that helps!

:) Thank you for the translation.

This simple phrase : "This step is not required, but can be done." is very easy to understand, but some time or often :) I have many problem to understand some paragraph.

But if i can't ask, never i will improves my english.

Thanks for your help.

Now I have a complete step that I understand correctly :)

I have start to detail my interior, but not finish and in octobre, I will to the exterior completly including the engine bay.

I will poste pictures when it's done. :thumbsup:

Hi Dylan,

I'm preparing to clean my car for applying the Sealeant and a wax after that.

My english is very bad, but if I understand correctly, I wash the car and I strip the old wax with IPA before claying the car. After that, some correction with SHR and FMP....

It's okay with these steps?

Steve

Steve those are correct.

You can use the IPA mixture to remove 'old' wax before claying, and also to have an oil-free surface after polishing before you apply the new wax/sealant.

Hi Dylan,

I'm preparing to clean my car for applying the Sealeant and a wax after that.

My english is very bad, but if I understand correctly, I wash the car and I strip the old wax with IPA before claying the car. After that, some correction with SHR and FMP....

It's okay with these steps?

Steve

No.

This should be done only if you need to strip the panel for some reason, if you want to add it to your process you could do it AFTER all polishing is complete to remove any polish oils before moving to sealant/glaze/wax.

50/50 is for the 91% version of IPA. I have heard people use the 70% straight.

The IPA is a wipe on wipe off method. Or even a spray on wipe off method. Do it just like you are cleaning a window on the car (don't scrub the paint though, just gently wipe it off with MF).

You can use an old adam's spray bottle if you have cleaned it out well before putting in the IPA etc.

Hi,

For the IPA, what type I need to use 70% or 99% to make my 50/50 mixte? If I don't have a foam gun to use the IPA mixte, what recommendation to strip the old wax ?

Does I can use a old 16 oz adam's bottle and spray the car has I can do with WCW and wipe with a MF towel ?

Steve

Straight out of the 70% bottle I believe. Spray and wipe...on a clean car.

Archived