Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bed Rail Dilemma!?!?!

Kingsford

you can get a better deal from a generic brand spray in liner. just be cautious who you go to. ask to see their work, ask how many years experience the guy installing it has, and supervise them.

they might not like it, but they do a better job when the customer is looking over their shoulder.

a friend of mine owns a truck accessory shop, and they do spray-in liners. he sprayed mine with the generic stuff which is a high-pressure spray in liner much like Line-X and it turned out great. only cost me $250 for under the rail.

• 3 months later...
Just had mine done with LineX, wanted 500 for basic or another 100 for LineX premium Plus 50$ discount. Had mine done over the rails for close to 600. It was expensive but looks so much better than Rhino or the generic stuff another company offered.

Full size truck?

• 1 month later...

Local guy here wants $715 to the Premium UV Line-X over-the-rails in my truck (in black, the estimate is not even for color-matching).

He mentioned a product called "303" (which I'd never heard of). I am assuming SVRT will work great on it though.

I may do some calling around to get a better price on the Line-X though. I was hoping to keep it down to more like $500 to have a black liner sprayed in.

He mentioned a product called "303" (which I'd never heard of). I am assuming SVRT will work great on it though.

My tonneau cover maker recommended 303 as well (still have 1/2 a bottle), but SVRT works just as well. I think the main thing is to NOT use an AmorAll type product on it, and 303 is widely known.

303 is what ALL vinyl manufacturers recommend because it doesn't harm the vinyl. SVRT is much like 303, but it's water resistant. 303 will run like the dickens! I used to use it on our boat.

Local guy here wants $715 to the Premium UV Line-X over-the-rails in my truck (in black, the estimate is not even for color-matching).

I may do some calling around to get a better price on the Line-X though. I was hoping to keep it down to more like $500 to have a black liner sprayed in.

I'd ***** about it and try to haggle... If he wants to be like that I'll snap a pic of my warranty and send it to you and you can be like BAM! Look at that!

I'd ***** about it and try to haggle... If he wants to be like that I'll snap a pic of my warranty and send it to you and you can be like BAM! Look at that!

I'd love to know what others who have the "Standard Bed" (6' bed) have to pay to get the Line-X over the rail (premium) with UV protection in black have paid. I think $715 plus tax is a bit too steep.

Funny... I never got this "UV Protection" on my F150 back in late '97 and my bed still looks like new... Maybe it had it and I wasn't told, but sounds like a money maker.

Chris

Archived