Customer Service 866.965.0400

How often/ How soon after to wash Microfiber?

Luken10

Question

Hey guys, quick question for all of you.

How often do you wash your microfiber towels and how soon after using them? Is it bad to leave my great whites on a rack to dry after I use them? Or should I was them after every use? Or soak them and then let them dry?

Same goes for the double and single soft towels. Should I start soaking right after I use them to buff, or could I wait a week and then just throw them in the washer?

I'm just trying to prolong the life of the towels, because lets face it, they are expensive!

8 answers to this question

After each use. I was each type by themselves (ex. GWDT, Utility, Glass MF, etc. etc.).

As for washing them I use regular woolite and nothing else. Sometime I might hang dry them but I usually air dry them in the dryer.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

I have a bucket I use for MF cloth. Like a hamper, just not as big. I treat all the 'nasty' ones with APC and rinse with cold water outside (I have a septic tank, so unsure if APC is septic safe). Lately, I've been washing a load/week. Been doing A LOT of detailing. I use a no-dye, no perfume, sensitive skin type laundry soap (since I'm too lazy to order MicroRestore) and they seem fine.

Next Amazon order, I'm getting some Micro Restore (unless Adam's starts selling it soon)

I have close to two dozen of the [old] Big Blues.

Recently I switched my cleaning method a little. I wash about one-half dozen at a time after every use, regardless of whether they show wear-n-tear or not. Each one is sprayed with APC [liberally] first and thrown into a front loader with [very little] HE detergent on a "gentle" cycle.

All towels are "air" dried in the drier with NO drier sheets and on their own.

A few of my Big Blue towels are hand-me-downs from a friend [detailer] and they look the same today as they did when he purchased them a few years back.

I'd love to purchase/try the Great Whites but their price is keeping me away for the time being.... but I read/hear nothing but praise for them.

Maybe a nice "Adam's Daily Special" will surface for the Great Whites soon.

I'd love to purchase/try the Great Whites but their price is keeping me away for the time being.... but I read/hear nothing but praise for them.

Maybe a nice "Adam's Daily Special" will surface for the Great Whites soon.

They are the best waffle-weave drying towels I have used. I have tried several other brands and none are close. After using the pooling rinse, I can dry the car and the towel is still dry enough to towel off another car!

Archived