Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lets talk brushes

txredgt

Question

I have been severely lacking in the brush department and I am looking to add probably 1 but maybe 2 brushes to an upcoming order. Being that my car is lowered quite a bit, I highly doubt I will be able to get the fender brush between them with the tires on and it would only be used when I take the wheels off it. I think the best pieces would be the boars hair brush and the lugnut ones but I was wondering how good/bad the fender brush would be for projects in the engine bay. Is the bristles too stiff for pieces under there? It's tough to see from the pictures as to how stiff they are. I do know I will get the boars hair and the lugnut and maybe 2 of them even. Any help on if the fender brush would be ok under the hood?

Remove paint on painted wheels? The Daytona speed master is a bad *** brush. The bristles on the daytona are soft and don't scratch. I mainly use it for the barrels when I don't feel like dragging out the powerstick.

There's no such brush as a brush that won't scratch paint. I don't care who makes it.

There's no such brush as a brush that won't scratch paint. I don't care who makes it.

Adam's should change their advertising for the lug nut brush then:

Featuring 100% natural premium boars hair fibers, the softest natural brush fiber available, and packing more bristles per square inch than any of our competitors this brush will hold more soap or cleaner and never introduce scratches to delicate finishes.

Geesh....you guys are over thinking the fender brush thing. I use My Adams fender brush to clean the black plastic lower fascias and lower rocker trim, floor mats and tires only. It is far to stiff to use effectively for car fender wheel wells. And sides all that, who REALLY cares about the quality of brush on a wheel well???? Well, I guess there might be a few of you. I just use a cheap recycled soft nylon bristled fender brush, lightweight, bristles bend easily for tight spots, whats not to love other than where it's made of course. Then again, maybe that might be fitting, it's use limited to cleaning road crud from wheel wells.

I use the Adams Boars Hair for wheels and engine compartment only.

Use a cheap brush for the wheel wells since they getgrease and other junk stuck on them. Use a good brush for the wheels.

Not hard to figure that out.

If you detail your engine compartment every week it will never look the car has a million miles on it. The way I look at my engine compartment is that if you have to take your car in to be serviced and see a perfect engine bay then they know you take care of your car and won't try and screw you verses when you open the hood and see a engine bay that looks like carp then you may be wide open to be taken advantage of.

Here is a picture of my engine bay after 85,000 miles or so.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwMzA1LTAwMDM2LmpwZw.jpg

Awesome, just what I needed to know :thumbsup:

Would you recommend on using it for getting to some pieces of the engine bay? I think it would be effective at least for how long it is being my car has a fairly large and wide engine bay.

Yes, it can come in handy in the engine bay too.

What SSooch is talking about is the fender wells to be exact, not the wheels. The fender brush that Adam's sells is too big for some cars. If you used the brush that SSooch is talking about on the wheels themselves, you'd scratch the hell out of the chrome and probab;u remove the paint on painted wheels.

The are firm but soft. Since they are packed together very tightly, their softness is shored up and makes the brush effective.

Remove paint on painted wheels? The Daytona speed master is a bad *** brush. The bristles on the daytona are soft and don't scratch. I mainly use it for the barrels when I don't feel like dragging out the powerstick.

What SSooch is talking about is the fender wells to be exact, not the wheels. The fender brush that Adam's sells is too big for some cars. If you used the brush that SSooch is talking about on the wheels themselves, you'd scratch the hell out of the chrome and probab;u remove the paint on painted wheels.

The are firm but soft. Since they are packed together very tightly, their softness is shored up and makes the brush effective.

Awesome, just what I needed to know :thumbsup:

Would you recommend on using it for getting to some pieces of the engine bay? I think it would be effective at least for how long it is being my car has a fairly large and wide engine bay.

Adam does carry a brush for tight wheel wells.

The wheel wells on my Viper are about as tight as it gets (lowered Motons). I use the Turbo Stick to clean my wheel wells. It works great and it's fast because the drill does all the work. I hit my inner wheels first, then do the fender liners right after. Easy to use!405.jpg

I don't have a pic of it in my wheel wells, but they're great for tight wheels and wells.

392011391.jpg

392011392.jpg

Great tip! That just might make this jump up on the list. I knew it was a great tool to add but this tip is a good one. Almost even worthy of a blib on the how to videos! :)

The wheel wells on my Viper are about as tight as it gets (lowered Motons). I use the Turbo Stick to clean my wheel wells. It works great and it's fast because the drill does all the work. I hit my inner wheels first, then do the fender liners right after. Easy to use!405.jpg

I don't have a pic of it in my wheel wells, but they're great for tight wheels and wells.

392011391.jpg

392011392.jpg

THANK YOU for that killer tip Eric! That never occurred to me to try that!

Mook

That's interesting. Yea there is no way I could get the fender brush adam's sells between the fenders and tires as is.

Could anyone answer how stiff the bristles are on the Adam's brush?

392011391.jpg

392011392.jpg

The adams fender brush is too thick to fit on a lowered vehicle. I found this out after I bought mine. However it comes in handy for scrubbing the tires themselves or under the car such as the front drip pan. As for the bristles they are soft and gentle but very tightly packed together so it feels solid. It can easily be used in the engine bay without scratching any plastic covers. The long handle makes it easy to reach under the hood.

The adams boars hair brush is again a tighter packing of hairs than other generics along with a large and sturdy, unique handle that sets this apart.

Their lung nut brush is nice and heavy duty. Its larger and heavier than it looks! It is a must have.

I have all the adams brushes and love them all.

I have a 2010 Camaro SS/RS that's been dropped 1.25" with PFADT drop springs. I have a brush I like but it's not made by Adams :(

It's the Daytona Speed Brush. I hate mentioning other products on here but since Adam's really doesn't make one like this I felt it was ok. But I wouldn't use this on my wheels. The brushes are hard plastic.

If Adam's made one like this I would of course use there's. But it's the only brush I've found that I can get in between my Wheel and Wheel Wells.

That's interesting. Yea there is no way I could get the fender brush adam's sells between the fenders and tires as is.

Could anyone answer how stiff the bristles are on the Adam's brush?

I have a 2010 Camaro SS/RS that's been dropped 1.25" with PFADT drop springs. I have a brush I like but it's not made by Adams :(

It's the Daytona Speed Brush. I hate mentioning other products on here but since Adam's really doesn't make one like this I felt it was ok. But I wouldn't use this on my wheels. The brushes are hard plastic.

If Adam's made one like this I would of course use there's. But it's the only brush I've found that I can get in between my Wheel and Wheel Wells.

Archived