Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which towel for sap removal w/IPA?

MikeS

Question

I have a few double-softs, and a couple black edgeless utility towels. Which would be the pick for sap removal using isopropyl alcohol after a wash? I'm thinking that I'd rather sacrafice the utility towels to the sap, but don't know if they're a danger to the paint (as opposed to the white double softs).

13 answers to this question

I guess that's the third option....I hadn't really considered it. I was more worried about the paint than I was the towels I suppose. I guess if a cheap towel leaves any damage it can be polished out easily....

I guess that's the third option....I hadn't really considered it. I was more worried about the paint than I was the towels I suppose. I guess if a cheap towel leaves any damage it can be polished out easily....

The Adams utility MF towels would be good to use!:thumbsup:

These towels are good for door jambs and under the hood!

Adam's Edgeless Microfiber Utility Towels - 2 Pack

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Costco MF are made for this. I got 36pack for $9.99 on sale :) Someone was selling these at a local drive-thru wash where you put the money in - for $1 and people were buying them like crazy. That's $36 for a $11 (tax) investment... hmmm.

Well, seeing as how this was on the hood, etc (and I only had a few options on hand), I used an Adam's black microfiber utility towel. Seemed to work out fine with no visible problems (although daylight was waning).

I did notice that 3M clear bra + previous Americana application + IPA mist = white streak city! I assume all the film and streaks that I got on the front end of my car were the Americana being 'washed off' by the alcohol. Had to fiddle around to figure out a good approach, but eventually got the 3M looking clear again.

Don't park under trees!:help:;)

Doh! Never even thought of that!

Seriously though, I'll have to try Dylan's suggestion of the waterless towel. Might be better than the one I used.

I do like how the IPA worked for this though. It is cheap, and it's easy to see when it's time to wipe, since the sap starts to run and streak as it's dissolved by the alcohol.

Archived