Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can I wash the wash pad?

txredgt

Question

I just refreshed my memory on how to wash them with the video dylan made on here, but I don't have access to a hose currently. My wash pad is definately pretty dirty, is it safe to throw it in the washing machine with just the woolite? I also might presoak it with APC but I am more concerned with actually washing it. I don't ever dry my towels, just air dry so that will not be a problem.

12 answers to this question

Being the fibers are long acrylic strands of synthetic wool, machine washing is a bad idea. Heat will deform the fibers, the abuse of the agitator will cause excessive 'dreadlocks' in the pad.

Care is pretty simple, and can be done at the end of your wash :thumbsup:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mURvfnibQAs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So is washing the pad in the sink with hot water a bad idea? The pad is drying in the sink as we speak but I also feel like I have some dread locks like you said. I will snap a picture of mine and see what yall think.

Comb it out with a hair brush if its starting to look like a blonde Rastafari :D

Did that already, any little pills in the fiber come right out, and they get really fluffy again. You know we are nuts when we are brushing out the wash pads... :willy:

I assume its the same process for the Murano Wool? i havent washed it since i purchased it. It lookes pretty clean but i would like to wash it just becasuse i can :D

APC safe to use on it too?

They make sheep out of Nissans now? :jester:

Archived