Customer Service 866.965.0400

How does revive polish work ?

pgp

Question

Does Revive polish help with spotted or faded paint? The car is outside 24/7. I had some lighter spots on my Pontiac roof and the polish seemed to help. How does revive polish help the paint.I applied it by hand, should I do another coat before waxing? Winter is around the corner. Thanks

15 answers to this question

There are a couple of good threads on here about Revive. I know I chimed in on at least a couple. It is a "non abrasive paint cleanser". It's job is to clean and brighten the paint (or clear coat in most cases) and can be thought of as a wax prep. If it took spots off your roof, then those spots were probably just some crud sitting on top of the paint as opposed to embedded. Revive will not do any correction, just help make it shine!

- Darryl

Does Revive polish help with spotted or faded paint? The car is outside 24/7. I had some lighter spots on my Pontiac roof and the polish seemed to help. How does revive polish help the paint.I applied it by hand, should I do another coat before waxing? Winter is around the corner. Thanks

For Winter you want another coat of wax instead of a another coat of Revive, Revive is a great paint cleaner & polish but it offers no protection!

This time I did not clay. I am sure it's not something on the paint. It did look better after revive, It may be just masking the problem for now. The problem seems to be getting worse recently. Like thin or faded paint.

Revive. How can I best explain it? It's the best product Adam's sells that no one knows about that everyone knows about?

The Shine Crew and I discovered a lot of things Revive can do when we were in Auburn. It's Award Winning. It's a great cleansing polish. We were bringing old metal and chrome back to life while removing spots at the same time with it!

Dave,

Can you please post a picture of what you are talking about with what you are experiencing?

Mook

I love Revive. I always hit my truck with Revive after FMP. Seems to clean up a lot of the small things that FMP leaves behind. IMO it does bring out a little extra shine but that might just me being crazy. I love Revive. I think its extremely over looked and a great product!

I dont know about water spots, I seem to have better luck with SHR on water spots.

Here is a poor pic, too much reflection from other stuff. One spot in middle of roof, one closer to you and one a little closer to the left in picture. The doors were painted several years ago. I am guessing the paint went to the seam which is in bad shape

gproof.jpg

It is smooth, I did not clay the roof in a while. I noticed the seam area getting whiter over the years and I thought it was dried wax. It's been several years since the paint on that side. I am guessing the sun is fading the area. The spot is getting bigger over the past few months. I thought the polish might have "nourished" (for lack of a better word) the paint?

Revive did help it a bit, It might be cc failure but I did not see any cracks etc.

Archived