Customer Service 866.965.0400

Some love for the DD tails

MichiganSRT8

Well, I came home this weekend to spend some time and get things done around the house for my mother. After seeing her car when I got home tonight I realized that it needed some loving, unfortunately it was dark and our garage is full of crap from remodeling. So I decided to take care of the crap ton of swirls and scratches on the huge back brake light on her MKX. So went back in the garage and snagged my halogen lights and mechanics cart and headed out into the dark haha :D. btw don't mind how dirty her car is, she drives down a dirt road almost every day to work, heres some pictures of the process:

before:

IMG_7338.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7341.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

50/50 left done/right untouched

IMG_7347.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

left done:

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

all done:

IMG_7353.jpg

well, as I finished up my moms car I turned behind me and the lights on my taillights terrified me. The low pressure that gets created behind my rig is insane and just destroys it. So the SRT got some love as well :D haha

left tail before (warning: scary):

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7360.jpg

all taped up:

IMG_7361.jpg

corrected:

IMG_7362.jpg

IMG_7364.jpg

right tail before:

IMG_7365.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

IMG_7367.jpg

right corrected:

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7372.jpg

IMG_7375.jpg

IMG_7376.jpg

4" Focus Pads FTW

MKX

-2 passes SSR

-2 passes SHR

-2 passes FMP

SRT

-1 pass SSR

-1 pass SHR

-2 passes FMP

If anyones on the edge of pulling the trigger for theses then do it, you wont look back.

Will be getting a few more sets of the focus pads when they come on special, come in handy in so many applications.

thanks for looking :D:2thumbs: :D

just curious, you didn't wash your mom's car? or did you do it after you worked the tail lights?

Oh, and now I have to look at my tails. I really don't seem to get that much dirt back there but then mine isn't a DD either.

just curious, you didn't wash your mom's car? or did you do it after you worked the tail lights?

Oh, and now I have to look at my tails. I really don't seem to get that much dirt back there but then mine isn't a DD either.

Yeah with it being a DD its a completely different story. And yes I did clean it, but this morning when it was bright out, just wanted to knock out the tails when i had some extra time. Also did the headlights today, but surprisingly they weren't that bad.

Forgot! I did my girlfriends Mazda 3 tails/headlights today as well, will post up picks up headlights after i get them completely done because they are HORRIBLE, need to be sanded too. Here are the tail picks for now:

Before:

IMG_7389.jpg

IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7391.jpg

IMG_7392.jpg

IMG_7393.jpg

After:

IMG_7394.jpg

IMG_7397.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

IMG_7400.jpg

Cleaned up well, she doesn't care that much but I do. Not only look much better but also safer and much bright now on both headlight and tails, thats all I need to make it worth it.

Archived