Customer Service 866.965.0400

brilliant glaze

Ronnie_B

Question

I recently purchased the brilliant glaze, i made my decision after seeing the outcome of some cars in this thread: Adam's NEW Brilliant Glaze - the testing and more info.

i was particularly amazed with how the trunk of the blue corvette turned out in the above thread. no imperfections at all!

after applying the brilliant glaze i didnt see any kind of minor imperfections filled in like in the description of the product. so im wondering if i did something wrong? didnt let it sit an haze long enough? didnt apply enough on the pad? i need to note that i did apply by hand with an americana wax applicator.

any help is appreciated.

21 answers to this question

i have pictures as asked.

the first car has had no paint correction done to eat, just regularly washed and waxed

1st picture of before:

2598n84.jpg

2nd picture of after the glaze:

qntjwn.jpg

this is the second car tested on, its a 2011 with paint correction done in july and was just polished and waxed 3 days ago. has very very minor imperfections

1st picture before glaze:

4fzp7r.jpg

2nd picture after glaze: ( i know the picture is terrible, but you can still see the imperfections are the same where the tape was and where the glaze was applied.

sc3wp3.jpg

hopefully dylan can chime in again?

I have personally tried the brilliant glaze on my freshly machined paint, hoping to see it make the paint look rich and dark as so many people claim. I couldn't see any difference.

Hey Chris,

At this point I'm not sure why you continue to complain about products rather than just contacting us for a refund. We just went thru this a couple of weeks ago - obviously based on the praise for the product by many others its working for some people, if you feel it isn't working for you take advantage of the 110% guarantee and be done with it.

Wasting effort to complain about a product doesn't seem to be productive for either you or us, we'd prefer to simply buy the product back from you so you can spend that money on something that you feel does work for you.

I'm sure you have all our contact info so I won't bother laying that out again. :thumbsup:

I have personally tried the brilliant glaze on my freshly machined paint, hoping to see it make the paint look rich and dark as so many people claim. I couldn't see any difference.

Sorry to hear that Chris, what color is your vehicle?:confused:

New guy here and last month finally tried Adams. My paint was in decent shape to begin with but a little flat wanted more depth. Listen to what the guys in the know say here. Correct the paint and give glaze another try. The Glaze is not a miracle fix problem like Dylan says it's a supplement and imho makes the paint pop! This was after the first time using the Glaze. Loved the results.

The pictures of the black car I'm gonna take your word for it because I can't see a thing other than a blur. On the white car its the same b/c the lighting is distinctly different as is the angle at which the picture is taken.

Not sure what else to suggest Ronnie... seems you're having an unusual experience with the product b/c even evidenced by a number of customers posts its working for them.

How did you apply it? How did you remove it?

If we can't find you a solution theres always the satisfaction guarantee to fall back on, but its pretty unusual to see zero improvement. Are you sure you're setting your expectations reasonably here? Remember... it will only mask minor imperfections and only improve deeper swirls to a very minor degree... hard to gauge on the black car, but definitely on the white you've got much more serious imperfections. The choice of where you applied on teh black car its really hard to tell what the condition is, but maybe you've just got more damage than what most of us would consider 'minor.

Keep in mind this product is not intended as a short cut around polishing, but a supplement to polishing. Seems you might be looking for something that fills more than our glaze.

Ronnie, you need to get that finish turned around before using Brilliant Glaze! Go with a Porter Cable Polisher Kit, or better, a Flex Kit and get those swirls out. Then, once your finish is corrected, and before you wax, try the Brilliant Glaze again!

338.jpg

the white i car i know needs the PC, but the black car is pretty good minus a few light things in the paint. it doesnt need to be buffed again. the glaze didnt make any difference on the black car.

Ronnie, you need to get that finish turned around before using Brilliant Glaze! Go with a Porter Cable Polisher Kit, or better, a Flex Kit and get those swirls out. Then, once your finish is corrected, and before you wax, try the Brilliant Glaze again!

338.jpg

Hey Ronnie,

Do you have any full sun pictures you can possibly share with us? Its pretty difficult to make a one-to-one comparison with someone else's care over the net. The variation of camera quality, lighting, and numerous other factors make it virtually impossible to say "A is like B" with any certainty... but I'd still like to see what you're working with.

Also, its often hard to gauge improvement without a side by side... for your own reference tape a section of a panel off and the apply the glaze. Remove the tape and a difference should be obvious.

In the end, if you want really great results you need to clean and polish the finish first anyways. Simply putting glaze over a less than perfect finish is just a temporary bandaid that would be gone the next time you washed the car anyways.

i will try and get some pix. also , the glaze seemed to be watery and thin, i shook it several times, is it supposed to be that way?

Ronnie, if you can post up some pictures of the imperfections you are trying to fill, that would help get you some better feedback. From that thread you linked, this picture shows the hood of the silverado:

tapelinenewbsg.jpg

As you can see, the BG filled the very minor imperfections and does not fill the bigger deeper scratches. Those require correction. This might be what is going on with the results youre getting. regardless, posting pics will help get you answers. I am sure the more experienced and knowledgable people on this forum will chime in.

edit- you guys are fast! beat me to it!

Hey Ronnie,

Do you have any full sun pictures you can possibly share with us? Its pretty difficult to make a one-to-one comparison with someone else's care over the net. The variation of camera quality, lighting, and numerous other factors make it virtually impossible to say "A is like B" with any certainty... but I'd still like to see what you're working with.

Also, its often hard to gauge improvement without a side by side... for your own reference tape a section of a panel off and the apply the glaze. Remove the tape and a difference should be obvious.

In the end, if you want really great results you need to clean and polish the finish first anyways. Simply putting glaze over a less than perfect finish is just a temporary bandaid that would be gone the next time you washed the car anyways.

Did you do any paint correction before hand?

BG can fill in some SMALL imperfections but if you have swirling/hazing/holograms, etc....it may not be as you expected.

TO be able to better answer your question, we will need to know what step(s) you took before applying BG.

Pics are even better! :)

i havent done paint correction. my paint looks like the blue corvette in the link, (where the tape was placed), which is why i tried the brilliant glaze since mine is similar. my paint is not anything like the black truck on the link, and it looks great after the glaze.

:iagree: and to add, BG isn't a magical product that will make scratches disappear. We're talking microscopic remnants of product left behind, not enough to actually fill in defects. It will help make them less noticeable but as Brandi suggests, the paint really needs to be corrected properly first.

- Darryl

Did you do any paint correction before hand?

BG can fill in some SMALL imperfections but if you have swirling/hazing/holograms, etc....it may not be as you expected.

TO be able to better answer your question, we will need to know what step(s) you took before applying BG.

Pics are even better! :)

Archived