Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC on my 2010 RS 6.0 Scion

DAVE SXT

Question

Finally got my PC in very late today. All I had time to do was do a quick wash and dry on the hood, then wipe down with alcohol. I did two applications with the green, orange, white, and then black after the final white polish and finished with two light coats of the Americana Paste. It looks better than the day I drove it off the lot 1 1/2 years ago. All I can say is just WOW. The PC was not intimidating at all and the Adams products certainly speak for themselves. Hats off to the entire Adams Team especially for the outstanding job on all of the videos I watched two or three times so when the machine arrived, I was ready. I'll post pics later, as it was dark when I finished. My RS 6.0 just looks awesome...and I'm nowhere near done. Thanks Adams!!

14 answers to this question

Im glad you liked using the PC, but the MSS is supposed to cure for 12-24 depending on temperature, humidity, etc. BEFORE covering it with BG and/or Americana. Oh and of course you can't tell us about this without pics! Lets see some!

:worth:

I really do apologize for not posting the pics, but I'd rather wait until a good sunny day plus I'd like to finish the rest of the car. Thanks for the feedback. I did wait 40 minutes for the sealant to cure as stated in the video Vol 7, Chapter 15.

No worries about the pics man, it's just a friendly nudge.

MSS is applied THIN and let haze for 20-40 minutes and then buffed off with a Microfiber. You then let it fully CURE for 12-24 hours and do a final buffing to remove any hazing that might have occurred after the initial wipe off. Once that is complete, you then apply BG and/or Americana. The way you did it might be ok, but if you get and additional curing, it will haze under the BG and Americana. If it does haze, you will just have to strip the glaze/sealant/wax and reappply.

Sounds good - it is ~Amazing~ how well black turns out with the Adam's stuff. We are all waiting for the pictures of the new shine -

For future reference, hold off on covering up the MSS with anything for 12 hours. I know you have gone ahead, but once you wipe it off after the initial application, it takes about 12 hrs or so for it to fully cure- after that, then you can top it with something else (2nd MSS or Americana etc, etc. etc.) :)

Thanks everyone for the input. I missed the part about the 12-24 hour cure. Anyways, if it hazes what all will I have to do? Just strip the wax only, or strip the wax and sealant and then reapply the sealant wait for the cure and then wax?

Also, I forgot to mention the type of Scion. It is a TC coupe and 1 of only 1100 made. All RS 6.0 TCs are painted Speedway Blue with a black matte stripe down the belt line.

Yeah, that blue will POP.

If it does haze (you might slide through ok) you will have to strip the finish and start with MSS again. If stripping the wax etc. off is necessary, you can wipe it all off with a 50/50 solution of 91% Isopropyl Alcohol and distilled water, or even straight 71% IsoPropyl Alcohol. Wipe or spray down and wipe the panel with the 50/50 and a MF, like cleaning a window (no scrubbing, please). Or was the car with Dawn, but that also will strip off any oils from the rubber on the outside of the car.

I like the 50/50 method because I can control where it goes on the finish. I use an Adam's blue MF pad (rectangular one with MF wrapped around it) to apply the solution, and then a drying towel or Waterless wash towel to wipe it off.

Archived