Customer Service 866.965.0400

Clay for a PC

musclejunkie

Question

12 answers to this question

That seems ridiculous. Part of good claying technique is the folding over of the clay to expose new fresh caly and move the contaminants inward. How are you supposed to fold over a pad? PLUS the marring issues you mentioned....amongst other things that I sure I haven't thought of.... :help::willy:

The clay is still kneedable and sits in a recess in the pad. I suppose you might not do too much damage with a PC set at 3. The other day, when I was applying the MSS, I didn't want to go over any of the black plstic trim on my car so I guided the PC pad along the trim with my right index finger. Worked great as a guide! The PC doesn't really spin, just oscillates and shakes. Might not be so bad after all if you think about it, but waaaay over the top. I can clay my car in 15 minutes by hand.

Well you have to figure too... a lot of claying is tactile and sound... if you can't hear over the machine or feel thru the vibrations its gonna be a real chore to get a proper feel for if you've finished or not.

I get WHY they came up with something like this... but when you're familiar with claying and how its done right it becomes obvious why you shouldn't.

Seems lazy and like you wouldn't get everything.

Wouldn't the foam pad scratch the hell out of the paint with no product on it? I mean even with DS you would have to drench it...

I also love how "They" sell water blades.

Claying by hand is just too easy!

That's what I was just thinking. I personally can't see why the idea was even tossed around....polishing paint, yeah...but claying is not difficult. My son just helped me do a car not to long ago, and he's 8, bwahahaha.

:snap:One of those "other guys" is selling this in a kit. Detail spray, microsofts and a special PC pad that carries the clay. I about fell over! Can they spell or say...... marring?

when did Adams start selling software and computers?:jester:

but in all seriousness, that just sounds like a horrible idea using clay on a PC. doing it by hand is the best way so you can feel the smoothness of the paint under your fingertips.

Archived