Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC Polishing Issue (jumping around)

cfiiman

Question

Hey eveyone,

so I've been poslishing with the PC for a while now and have a weird issue that seems to start happening after a while (seems like after about 7 or 8 times adding fine polish). The PC will go from nice and smooth to jumping around on the car making it not fun or effective to keep polishing. Seems like after I clean the pad and come back another day it is fine for a while (again maybe 7 or so times adding polish to the pad) then it starts jumping. At first I thought it needed a shot of detail spray b/c the pad was dry, but that doesn't seem to help. It only happens with the white pad, and fine polish and only after several times/passes adding polish to the pad, maybe 15 minutes or so of actual polishing time before starting. Anyone know what's going on?

7 answers to this question

You don't say how much polish you are adding to the pad, but from the problem, it sounds like you have too much on the pad. After you do the first section, the pad is 'primed' and you only need to add a small amount of polish for each section.

When you experienced the problem did you try just spritzing the pad with DS, not adding polish, and working a section?

hey guys, sorry for the delay. I'm not sure I remember exactly how much I was putting on, I only put on 4 pea size drops with the swirl and haze and I think that is what I do with the fine polish as well, but honestly I'm vaguely recalling maybe using more b/c I thought the jumping around was caused by not having enough ironically. How much is the ideal amount?

I'm not sure what washer you guys are talking about, I'll look, but if something mechanical was the problem wouldn't it do it all the time instead of just after several times with only the white pad and polish?

Also I do spritz it with detail spray when then starts happening but that does nothing, again it is only with the white pad and fine machine polish. I use the same

The washer is in one of junkmans videos, essentially i'm pretty sure that's your problem. Pull the backing plate off and on the thread stem there should be a little washer, if there isn't that's your problem... if memory serves correctly, it looks like compressed cardboard, and make sure the counterweight is also in place :)

Archived