Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaner

seibert1814

Question

7 answers to this question

Adam's APC really is a stronger cleaner, and honestly I've never found anything that's as effective for cleaning pads and getting the really rough stuff off wheel barrels. I think it's safe to say that Simple Green is good stuff, but it's not as well focused on the automotive environment. :cheers:

Rich pretty much covered it.

Simple Green is great stuff... everyone should have it for general cleaning around the house. I use it all the time, but if you take our APC and clean half a tire, then do the same with SG on the other half the difference is pretty clear. Our stuff is just better for cleaning tires and things like that.

Heck - I've mistakenly run out of APC in the past and used SG in a pinch. While it might not be ideal, it still does a decent job.

The thing about Sinple Green is if you mix the correct amount, it is a brilliant cleaner in every aspect. I've used it over the years on everything from mildew on decks to stains on cement.

Adam's All Purpose Cleaner takes it up a notch.

It's not just limited to detailing cars either.

Example: We have gutters on the house and I've been meaning to clean the outside of them for at least a couple of years. Two years ago I used Simple Green mixed to the recommended amount and they did a [damn] fine job. Probably removed 70-percent of the dirt and whatnot. Scrubed them with a medium bristle brush then hit them with the pressure washer and still about 80-percent of the gunk was removed. Wife was thrilled I was impressed.

I had to do the same thing this past summer as they were pretty much the same as before the Simple Green cleaning.

This time I used Adam's All Purpose Cleaner at full strength [i usually use it at around 3:1]. Scrubbed them down just as before with a medium bristle brush, but this time, half way thru the cleaning, I remembered my pressure washer was at the shop for an overheating engine. I said, what the heck and rinsed them with straight garden hose stream with a standard nozzle. They looked like the day they were installed! Wife was sold on Adam's All Purpose Cleaner, I said "told you so."

I sheet you not!

I used simple green on the car prior to discovering Adam's. Simple green is not as aggressive as the Adam's All Purpose cleaner. Used to use simple green regularly around the house... however it is getting used less and less as I discover that the APC works better for most everything around the house too! :willy:

Adam's APC really is a stronger cleaner, and honestly I've never found anything that's as effective for cleaning pads and getting the really rough stuff off wheel barrels. I think it's safe to say that Simple Green is good stuff, but it's not as well focused on the automotive environment. :cheers:

:iagree:

Rich pretty much covered it.

Simple Green is great stuff... everyone should have it for general cleaning around the house. I use it all the time, but if you take our APC and clean half a tire, then do the same with SG on the other half the difference is pretty clear. Our stuff is just better for cleaning tires and things like that.

Heck - I've mistakenly run out of APC in the past and used SG in a pinch. While it might not be ideal, it still does a decent job.

:iagree:

I used simple green on the car prior to discovering Adam's. Simple green is not as aggressive as the Adam's All Purpose cleaner. Used to use simple green regularly around the house... however it is getting used less and less as I discover that the APC works better for most everything around the house too! :willy:

:iagree: I have two spray bottles one is full strength APC and the other is 1:1 APC and water if the 1:1 doesn't do the job the full strength will. Just like to use the less aggressive mix first. Yes APC has replaced the SG in this household.

Archived