Customer Service 866.965.0400

Air fresheners

bigaudiofanatic

Question

if you can find them, mid summer nights dream by yankee candle. I used to get these by the hand full and would put one under each front seat. Smells awesome!

Thats what I use, been using that for the last 10 months, love it!

Yep I have used them for about 4 months, got tired of changing the container out that often. But I do love that scent. Amazon FTW

I have not tried it yet, but there is a company called California Car Scents. They claim the smell lasts a couple of months. It comes in a tin and can be put under the seat. I think this can be purchased otc. And, best of all, it's made in the USA.:thumbsup: My new car smell is gone. Think I'll give this a shot.

I have not tried it yet, but there is a company called California Car Scents. They claim the smell lasts a couple of months. It comes in a tin and can be put under the seat. I think this can be purchased otc. And, best of all, it's made in the USA.:thumbsup: My new car smell is gone. Think I'll give this a shot.

Ya try the new car scent I got, its pretty darn close.

My wife sells Scentsy and she gives me these little tins of a scent called Weathered Leather. It smells a lot like the Adam's Leather Conditioner but it last for months. I always get remarks about how good the leather smells.

I just use little trees black ice smell. Im a guy I dont want my car smelling like cotton candy or anything like that. The Black Ice to me smells like it belongs in a males ride and its cheap enough to buy I put 1 in a month but I hang them on my turn signal. I do not hang them on my mirror or anywhere in site and I get complements all the time on how my truck smells.

These are what are used by most car washes and are some of the better ones I've seen (I personally don't like air fresheners though)

WONDER WAFERS HOME

The only thing I have to warn you though is that they can/will discolor the area they are sitting on, so if you use them be sure to either place them on carpet far under the seat so it won't be noticed, or even lay down a strip of double sided tape under the seat and place it on that.

Since we currently do not sell anything like this, I have been hitting the local White Barn Candle Co. and getting their Eucalyptus scent. Either that or if they have something woodsy I'll go that route too.

Love it.

I used to have a Squash air freshener, which I liked a lot. Kind of smells like bubble gum or maybe cotton candy. Last about 2 months. Comes in a container that sticks under the seat or on the carpet and when the smell is gone you can just get a refill for it. Not cheap, but it does last, and getting just the refill costs less. They also have other scents, but I have not tried them.

Anyway, a lot better than a hanging tree or a vent type, which not only don't last, but look silly. Especially in a clean and detailed car.

Go spill some Welch's Grape under your seats.

I once spilled a whole crock-pot of baked beans in my '69 Nova. Car smelled great for MONTHS. I get hungry just thinking about it.....

I get a nasty smell from my AC.. Gotta take it back in, the tsb fix they did last year didn't seam to solve the issue

I get that sometimes for a few minutes when I first turn on my AC sometimes after a couple days. Get it in both of my cars for some reason?

Yup, as if it's something since the last time I ran the AC. After a few minutes of running, it clears out and then there's no more smell. Tried changing the interior cabin filter, that didn't help.

I get a nasty smell from my AC.. Gotta take it back in, the tsb fix they did last year didn't seam to solve the issue

As far as I know the smell is caused by fungus, bacteria and other microbes growing inside the evaporator core of the AC unit. A lot of newer cars have a coating on the unit to keep this from happening. Some still don't though. In my last car, which had this problem, I used Lysol to kill the stuff as best I could by spraying it directly into the vents around the windshield area on the outside of the car. Then I would run the AC right after for a while. This only works for a while though, so I had to keep doing it when the smell came back. There are other, more expensive ways to help with this. And they probably last longer. Try asking a repair shop you trust if there is something they can do to help. However, if the dealer sees this as a tsb you might as well have them do it again.

As far as I know the smell is caused by fungus, bacteria and other microbes growing inside the evaporator core of the AC unit. A lot of newer cars have a coating on the unit to keep this from happening. Some still don't though. In my last car, which had this problem, I used Lysol to kill the stuff as best I could by spraying it directly into the vents around the windshield area on the outside of the car. Then I would run the AC right after for a while. This only works for a while though, so I had to keep doing it when the smell came back. There are other, more expensive ways to help with this. And they probably last longer. Try asking a repair shop you trust if there is something they can do to help. However, if the dealer sees this as a tsb you might as well have them do it again.

the TSB had them add a module that kicks the fans on while the car is off and it does this at random times, which I have witnessed. I gotta find time to go back and complain, but they may tell me I'm SOL now that I'm at 40K

the TSB had them add a module that kicks the fans on while the car is off and it does this at random times, which I have witnessed. I gotta find time to go back and complain, but they may tell me I'm SOL now that I'm at 40K

You would think this would have worked since it's the moisture that remains on the unit after the car is shut off that causes most of the problem. But it looks like the fan isn't enough to get it done.

Since you brought the problem to their attention before it was out of warranty and it is happening again, which means what they tried did not really fix the problem, they would hopefully take responsibility for their work and take care of it for free. Wish you the best on this. The smell can be hard to live with.

I use Black ice hanging from the clothing hook thing in my headliner, unscrew it hook it then tighten back up it doesn't touch anything and stays in place with the windows down lol

Archived