Customer Service 866.965.0400

So it appears that 2012 is the last model year for audis with 6MT

3PedalMINI

Poking around the German Audi website among all of audi's most popular models that the s stronic is the ONLY option. The a1-a3 still have the option but it doesnt look like they updated it with the new models yet. the R8 also has the option but not the limited run R8gt which was always s-tronic:willy:

If this is truely the case then ill be moving over to BMW for the new f33 coupe instead of the s5 once my Mini lease is over. I CANNOT believe that audi has killed the MT, especially in europe/germany. What is this world coming too. I might have to jump on the TTrs ASAP as it might be the last RS to EVER get a manual transmission :mad::mad:

or maybe the MT's are coming at a later time? hopefully, fingers crossed, Doubtful :(

For you audi guys on this website with a manual transmission Keep them in good shape because guys like me will probably be looking at used MT audis in good shape and will pay a premium for them:mad::willy:

UGH!

Well, if that's the case Audi will be off my shopping list, too, at least for my next foreseeable purchases. Bummer.

yeah, there are a few guys over on the audi forums that are holding onto the belief that just like when a new model is released in North America the 6MT is held off for 6 months. But sadly i dont think this is the case, especially being Germany.

What really scares me is that if audi is doing it then the rest of the Manufactures wont be far behind.:willy:

I mean, even the new RS5 they have on the website is S-Tronic only. What Gives:mad:

Yeah, I saw that too, but I find it hard to believe. That would suck.

Please don't shop BMW man....all the Rich College Girls will be jealous of you:lolsmack:

Every time I see a Bimmer...for some reason, all I think is a rich kid who's daddy gave them the car...or he's just a d-bag, haha.:lolsmack:

Yeah, I saw that too, but I find it hard to believe. That would suck.

Please don't shop BMW man....all the Rich College Girls will be jealous of you:lolsmack:

Every time I see a Bimmer...for some reason, all I think is a rich kid who's daddy gave them the car...or he's just a d-bag, haha.:lolsmack:

LOL, Have you seen the new F30-F33 sedans/coups? they look fantastic and have a nice e46 feel to them before BMW "chickified" them with the E96 (current body style)

I hear you though, most are given to kids with rich parents or an absolute Dbag owns one. Im in love with the new style and if Audi wont offer me a manual S5 then i have no where else to turn :( I would do a Merc but they did away with manual gear box long ago:mad: The 335 engine is fantastic, there is also a "M3 eater" chip for 700 dollars that will smoke a M3 in a straight line. BMW governed the engine to something like 43% of its full capacity

Im a stick snob, im a firm believer that flapy paddle IS NOT STICK and will cry the day i can no longer buy a new "sports car" car in manual. Audi S4/S5 will always be my first pick but al be damed if i buy one in automatic:rockon: :mad:

Ill take yours though!:2thumbs:

The BMW talk reminds me of an old joke....

What is the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche?

With a porcupine the pricks are on the outside!

I hate flappy paddles. Sign of the times though. I think everyone should have to learn/get their license on a manual trans car.

The BMW talk reminds me of an old joke....

What is the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche?

With a porcupine the pricks are on the outside!

I hate flappy paddles. Sign of the times though. I think everyone should have to learn/get their license on a manual trans car.

I couldn't agree with you more! Im 22 and i imagine ill be the last generation to truly know the joys of stick. Out of my class in highschool we graduated 188 kids and only 4 of us knew how to drive stick. Me, My X-Best Friend, and two chicks. Some of the kids that hoped in my car had never even seen a stick before:help: The others just said that i could never shift faster then flappy paddles (which is true) so its just not cool to have a manual car:willy::lol:

If europe has lost 6mt, and in the US you have to order a car with a MT then we really only have a few years left to be able to get a new sports car with a MT:mad::willy: Ive been called an old fart on other forums defending stick. Little do they know im only 22:lol::lol::burnout::burnout:

BTW: i love that joke, its so true.

Archived