Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing *related* tips & tricks?

Marylander

Question

Obviously these Adam's guys know their products and processes. But I bet us "mortal" folks have some good detailing related tips and tricks, too. For example, here's something that I came up with:

Every time I throw my car cover up onto the car I just cringe as I rotate it around trying to figure out which part this the front, if it's inside out or whatever -- I know that even though the cover is clean and I'm being careful, i'm probably putting tiny scratches in the car as I move it around trying to orient the cover. So, the last time the cover was on the car I took a thick sharpie and drew little forward-facing arrows on the bottom edge seam. All the arrows point to the front of the car/cover. That way, even when the cover is in a big ball on the roof of the car, I can get it facing the right direction with a minimum of fuss and sliding.

:cheers:

Rich

15 answers to this question

I have a black car with black trim and one trick I do at car shows is whereever the rubber meets the paint, like around the windows, you will sometimes get a little white spot or two. I keep a can of black shoe polish and a q-tip with me to touch it up. Works great!

:hi:Some of the time when I clay a car I do it after the car is washed and still has the soap on it ,the soap acts as a good lube for the clay,I first run my hand over the panel to make sure there is no grit. This is done in my garage never out in the sun, when done claying I rinse the whole car, works good!:2thumbs: