Customer Service 866.965.0400

tell us something unique about yourself

J Tegeler

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been painting homes for 22 years and work for someone else. I have the knowledge and ability to have my own business, but am afraid to leave something stable for the unknown. I'm almost 41 and afraid of what 50 will be like if I don't get off my @$$. I've never been an alcoholic or carried a substance abuse problem that plagues the profession I work it. I'm responsible and have good credit - 2 more attributes not found in 99% of the people in my profession.

Bob, you can absolutely do it. I was in the same boat, being a graphic artist for other agencies for about 12 years before I started my own business. I was scared to make the jump, but it's the best thing I ever did and I could never go back. You'll quickly learn that all you have to do is treat your customers right, do a good job and be completely honest with them (even when/especially if you make mistake) and they will be loyal and refer you more business. Everything else is easy, particularly if you enjoy the work and take pride in a job well done.

Rich

I'm a germophobe. I hate being around anyone that is sick (except my children.) In my 20's I was an EMT/paramedic/male nursing student until I realized just how much I hate being around sickies. I personally keep Lysol a profitable company due to purchasing their wipes and cleaners.

On a side note my paternal grandmother was a lifelong hypochondriac that lived to be 93. She was sharp as a tack to the very end.

I'm white, and my wife is Mexican. We have been married for nearly 9 years and I still don't know how to speak Spanish. :lol: One of these days I will.

I owned two different houses by the time I was 26. I've never said before actually.

I have five cars now. :help:

I have never smoked a cigarette.

I made Staff Sergeant in the Army in less than six years.

I hold the Expert Field Medical Badge.

I was in charge of a detainee medical clinic in Iraq that cared for most of Saddam's former regime. I have met most of the "Deck Of Cards".

I have a plate and 6 pins in my left fibula from a BMX accident when I was 17.

My dad was a Hell's Angel. I don't tell many this and I am unsure why I mentioned it now. And no, my life was nothing like Sons of Anarchy.

I have a very hard talking about myself, so it took me forever to write this post!

When I see people get hurt, my first reaction is to laugh.

When someone tells a good joke, or something really funny happens I tend to laugh until I nearly pass out.

I'm just posting this in hopes of Anthony passing out :lolsmack:

Sorry, embed is disabled.

But then again after watching it a few times, it's more sad than funny :(

Archived