Customer Service 866.965.0400

APC or WW...

Grubrunner

Question

I'm a huge WW convert [advocate] of late but if it's boderline dirty, I'll first run it thru a brushless pressure wash with the blow dry and then spray it liberally with WW and dry with the waffel towels.

Got to thinking....

Before runing it thru a brushless pressure wash, would spraying it all over [liberally] with the WW or APC and letting it sit for a couple of minutes to breakdown the dirt, then feeding it thru the wash be more beneficial?

I'll still dry it the same way.

APC or WW beforehand?

10 answers to this question

Are you meaning on the paint? APC will strip the wax/sealant off of the car so I'd say thats probably not the one to go with. Waterless isn't an 'active cleaner' so just spraying it on isn't going to break anything up before hand... you're better served to use it after the touchless while drying to help minimize the chances of swirls as no touchless is going to be 100% effective.

Waterless wash FTW, IF you're gonna stick to that procedure. But just FYI (I'm sure you already know this) those automated washes are very good at stripping wax. The detergents used in the soap are NOT PH balanced & will shorten the life of Americana/MSW, etc. So not that I really agree with the procedure you do in the first place. But if you're gonna stick to it, then WW gets the win. APC will only thin the paint protection as well.

Edit: Dylan & I posted at the same time lol.

here is my method of washing if I am away from my shop. I use the local hand car wash but only use the high-presure water on the car (i.e., no brush). I do spray the tires and wheel wells with APC before I go into the wash bay. On occasion I will hit any bugs and junk with the DS or WW just to moisten them before I hit it with water. So, high-presure wash, spritz with DS while wet, great white drying towel, and DS with a double soft. 30 minutes. The high presure wash get nearly everything off. If not the wet great white towel and DS will generally get rid of any bug guts left over.

Have you watched the Junkmans video on "How to wash your car other than the 2 bucket wash"? It's a riot :lol: but it will get you thinking about "safe car wash methods!!!

:lolsmack:

Since you asked, I'll show you the common courtesy and answer.

No, I don't watch Junkman's videos.

Archived