Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tried the Quick Sealant on a black car...

07 z-oh-6

Question

Primed the MF applicator, sprayed the panel, then spread with the MF applicator. The streaks disappeared to a perfect finish. There wasn't even a need to wipe with a MF towel. I still wiped with a SS MF towel, and always will, but I'm just making a point for this specific application. This product is awesome! The paint looked great, too!

22 answers to this question

The two Sealant's we offer are both polymer based. They need bare paint to adhere and bond properly to give you the best protection you can get from a Sealant.

Waxes and Glazes both "sit" like Nick is saying. If you apply Sealant to something not the bare paint, then you are just getting the longevity from whatever you are adding it to.

I have read the posts for the new quick sealant. I want to ensure I understand correctly. Is the quick sealant intended for the hand polishing gang? I use the porter cable and MSS. When should I or would I, use the quick sealant? I thought I was going to use it as a final prep somewhat like I thought about brilliant glaze? Please provide the order of products from paint correction using the porter cable.

Thanks!

I recently purchased the Adams Quick Sealant kit.

To start correctly....should I remove all the wax & wash car then use the quick sealant & then wax....or wash car & spray the quick sealant over the wax which according to the video is OK......I just want to start off on the right foot if you know what I mean.

To get the best durability out of ANY sealant it should be applied directly to the paint. Unlike waxes sealant bond to the paint which is why they are more durable. If applied OVER a wax a sealants durability is compromised to some degree.

Also the video says it good for aluminum... I have aluminum wheels with a brush aluminum finish on my split spokes with clear coat....my outter deep lip is polished aluminum with no clear. Is it ok to use the quick sealant on the entire rim?

Yes... the sealant will work on every part of your wheels.

Just curious if the new quick sealant is good on polished aluminum wheels? Also is GWC safe for the polished aluminum or should I just use car shampoo?

Its good on any type of wheel that you want to protect. Painted, powder coated, chrome, polished, etc.

GWC is safe for polished aluminum, but like with any cleaner you only want to use it when the wheels are cool to the touch and never let the cleaner dry. Also keep in mind that using cleaners will degrade the sealant, so unless you more substantial dirt/brake dust using just soap and water will help the sealant stick around longer without reapplication.

Thanks!

I recently purchased the Adams Quick Sealant kit.

To start correctly....should I remove all the wax & wash car then use the quick sealant & then wax....or wash car & spray the quick sealant over the wax which according to the video is OK......I just want to start off on the right foot if you know what I mean.

Also the video says it good for aluminum... I have aluminum wheels with a brush aluminum finish on my split spokes with clear coat....my outter deep lip is polished aluminum with no clear. Is it ok to use the quick sealant on the entire rim?

At the present time I have a couple of coats of Wheel Wax on my rims.

Sealant works best when it is the first thing on the naked paint.

I always thought that the sealant is the last thing to use for the final shine?

If you mean 'final shine' after you finish polishing, then that is correct.

The sealant works by bonding with the paint, so for best results there should be no other protection on top of the paint. For a quick way to apply additional protection the QS can be applied over existing MSS or Americana, but it will not last too long.

so what your saying is if its just on the clear coat then it will last longer because theoretically your clear coat isnt going to wear off?

Pretty much. On the flip side, if a carnauba wax is in top, it won't effect the durability of the sealant because it will last longer.

Glad to hear you like it Mark... Quick Sealant does self level to a large extent so in some areas there may not even be residues to remove. We recommend the post application wipe just to be sure there isn't a rogue streak anywhere.

Be sure to head over to the product page and post your review when you have time! :cheers:

Anthony - it will work over the top of existing wax, but just keep in mind that some of the durability is compromised some by doing so. Safe to assume its only going to last as long as the wax thats under it.

so what your saying is if its just on the clear coat then it will last longer because theoretically your clear coat isnt going to wear off?

Do you have any before and after pics?

No before and after pics, sorry.

Glad to hear you like it Mark... Quick Sealant does self level to a large extent so in some areas there may not even be residues to remove. We recommend the post application wipe just to be sure there isn't a rogue streak anywhere.

Yep, I don't want to mis-lead anymore, just thought it was pretty cool for this single application. I will always wipe with a MF cloth after applying. :2thumbs:

Be sure to head over to the product page and post your review when you have time! :cheers:

Anthony - it will work over the top of existing wax, but just keep in mind that some of the durability is compromised some by doing so. Safe to assume its only going to last as long as the wax thats under it.

Do you have any before and after pics? Also did you have americana on the car from a previous detail? In another thread I asked Dylan how it would react when applied above americana and I think he said they never tried it. Once I get mine tomorrow Im going to see how it goes.

Archived