Customer Service 866.965.0400

Different bottle racks for Adams detail cart?

I purchased an Adams Detailing Cart back in the summer:

605.jpg

Mine came with the top shelf bottle rack with (8) holes cut out to 3.75" in diameter.

Most of my 16oz Adams (and other product) bottle's are 2.45" in diameter.The Adams In/Out Spray can measures 2.6" in diameter.

I know you can't see in the above picture,but the product bottles fit loosely.I understand you can't have the cut out holes the same diameter as the product bottles but can I/we purchase or is it an option to have the product rack with 2.75" diameter holes cut out in it.

That would free up 4" per row (there are two rows for product) and instead of securing (8) product bottles in the rack,we could secure (10) product bottles?

I don't have the 36oz Adams product bottle's and probably won't purchase them(I can transfer product from gallon containers)and as my understanding,the 36oz bottle's fit in these cut outs.

Thou I do think the detailing cart is great,I would like to see this option. :)

Im just guessing here, but im assuming the bottle rack comes straight from the manufacture and what your requesting would most likely be a special order.

What you could do is go to the homedepot or lowes, get a thin peice of plexi glass and modify the cart to your needs.

I'm not sure how it's made (or connected) as I've never seen it (and don't have it), but couldn't you cut it out and make your own out of some wood or plastic?

I've never seen one either but im assuming the cart has a lip that the tray can sit on.

Edit...I found a picture of the bottle rack...It looks like it just sits onto of the top lip of the cart.

Picture #2

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/product-polls-product-user-input/11943.htm

I had a similar problem with a rack I made.. I went to the hardware store and got a 24" square of self adhesive pipe insulation. Its really just sticky back foam. I laid it out and marked the holes the size I wanted them to be. Cut them out and stuck it to the top of the rack. Now my bottles are not only tighter fitting, but they dont rattle when I move the rack around. The rack it at work, I will try to get pics tomorrow if I remember!

:lurk:

Wish I had a flat driveway and a bigger garage... either need more space, or less stuff :help:

Maybe, just maybe someday I can get one of these. In the meantime I just load up a bucket with the supplies that I need for the next "lap" around the car. :willy:

Almost 4" hole?

The current bottle racks are 3".

Mook I think he wants the bottle holder holes in the cart made smaller, so it would leave 4 inchs of free space. Which in turn the manufacturer could add a 5th hole in each row. This would give you 10 total bottle holders instead of 8. He said currently the bottle holder holes are 3 and 3/4 inches. He would like them to be made 2 and 3/4 inches. Correct me if I am wrong Moz.

Mook I think he wants the bottle holder holes in the cart made smaller, so it would leave 4 inchs of free space. Which in turn the manufacturer could add a 5th hole in each row. This would give you 10 total bottle holders instead of 8. He said currently the bottle holder holes are 3 and 3/4 inches. He would like them to be made 2 and 3/4 inches. Correct me if I am wrong Moz.

You are correct.

I had a similar problem with a rack I made.. I went to the hardware store and got a 24" square of self adhesive pipe insulation. Its really just sticky back foam. I laid it out and marked the holes the size I wanted them to be. Cut them out and stuck it to the top of the rack. Now my bottles are not only tighter fitting, but they dont rattle when I move the rack around. The rack it at work, I will try to get pics tomorrow if I remember!

Excellent idea! That would work for the tray underneath the rolling stool too! Think I'll steal that idea. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Almost 4" hole?

The current bottle racks are 3".

I don't know when they changed because I bought my Adams Detail Cart this summer(with 3.75" cut-outs)and now they are 3.0"?

If the "current" racks are indeed 3.0",can I purchase one from Adams?

I don't know when they changed because I bought my Adams Detail Cart this summer(with 3.75" cut-outs)and now they are 3.0"?

If the "current" racks are indeed 3.0",can I purchase one from Adams?

Hello Mook?

I purchased an Adams Detailing Cart back in the summer:

605.jpg

Mine came with the top shelf bottle rack with (8) holes cut out to 3.75" in diameter.

Most of my 16oz Adams (and other product) bottle's are 2.45" in diameter.The Adams In/Out Spray can measures 2.6" in diameter.

I know you can't see in the above picture,but the product bottles fit loosely.I understand you can't have the cut out holes the same diameter as the product bottles but can I/we purchase or is it an option to have the product rack with 2.75" diameter holes cut out in it.

That would free up 4" per row (there are two rows for product) and instead of securing (8) product bottles in the rack,we could secure (10) product bottles?

I don't have the 36oz Adams product bottle's and probably won't purchase them(I can transfer product from gallon containers)and as my understanding,the 36oz bottle's fit in these cut outs.

Thou I do think the detailing cart is great,I would like to see this option. :)

I made my own cart out of wood I will post a picture soon . Use some PVC pipe inserts !

Seriously? You guys do realize that Adam does not make these carts himself don't you? To have things like this CUSTOM sized and manufactured would make the price out of reach. Use some imagination and improvise. Geez.

Seriously? You guys do realize that Adam does not make these carts himself don't you? To have things like this CUSTOM sized and manufactured would make the price out of reach. Use some imagination and improvise. Geez.

Thats what I said Rich. its a simple fix and cheap. Go to the homedepot, buy a small peice of plexi glass, cut it to the size you want, drill your holes and your done.

total cost less than $10?

Geez what?

I shouldn't have to!

All I'm asking if Adams has the 3" hole top rack bottle holders now?

I shouldnt have to make anything.If they are offered with the 3" hole size,I'LL BUY IT FROM Adams.

If it's something that's NOT offered,I'll decide if I want to make one.

So what your telling me is I shouldn't ask if I can purchase one?

It looks like maybe the "newest/latest"offering,I'm asking.

MOZ!

So sorry brother, life's been a bit hectic the past 36 hours!

Call Ashley, see if they have any available...I know those things are pretty scarce.

Mook

Will do Mook.

I apologize for any in convenience.

I'll call in the morning-Thank You.

Archived