Customer Service 866.965.0400

Why wash after Clay?

liquidred

Question

6 answers to this question

Depends entirely on how much contamination is pulled up... if your claying results not only in the clay getting dirty, but dirty residues then its a good idea to remove that rather than grind it into the finish.

If the claying only pulls up small amounts of contamination than its safe to assume anything of any concern is in the claybar an washing is not entirely necessary.

Also consider its always better to be cautious when you're unsure.

The reason for washing after waxing would likely be to remove polishing dust and/or other cast off from the detailing process. I personally don't do it, but some people do.

I never wash after claying, if you do regular claying, your paint will not get contaminated to where you have to wash.

Which is why I have to wash after I clay my truck (DD). After I am done claying the truck the DS is a brown color and I know there is a ton of crap in the DS. I wash because I know I am not claying nearly enough times during the year!!

The reason for washing after waxing would likely be to remove polishing dust and/or other cast off from the detailing process. I personally don't do it, but some people do.

I used to be part of that crowd that never washed after detailing. It's a practice I've recently started and prolly will never go back to not doing a post detail wash. Always seem to get dust in the window crevices and other places that even air can't blow out. It's definitely time consuming.

Archived