Customer Service 866.965.0400

New from OKC (currently deployed)

454SSguy

Whats up. My name is Trey, 23, married. Currently stationed in OKC, but gonna stay there when I get out in June. I have a 90' 454ss with 55k miles. Nothing crazy done to it yet but I'm stocking up on cool stuff for when I get home, lots of adams stuff. I haven't used anything better than Turtle wax's black box so I can't wait to get home and try out some real detailing. Plans for the truck are Heads, Cam, Intake, Whipple, 4 link rear w/coilovers , T-56 6 speed swap. Then Adams basic flex kit and premium wax kit. Along with some headlights, HID's, 6 hi mod, 94+ grill, some 17's all the way around with 345/40's in the back. Can you tell I don't have much to do but think about/buy parts over here, lol. I've already picked up a good bit of this stuff already, and have 4 months left.:help:

Heres the pics..

photo4.jpg

Carpictures011.jpg

DSCF2346.jpg

DSCF2356.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Chris I used to have an 04 Goat. Sold it not too long ago. I was V3NOM GTO on LS1gto.com. Don't know if you've been there or not, that's actually where I found out about adams stuff.

And as far as the service stuff, it's no problem. I am happy to do it but, I don't do anything worth getting excited over. No one shoots at me, I don't get mortared, even when I was in the desert. This deployment (4rd one) I'm actually in the Caribbean :D . My wife is the one who has the hard job, that's one tough lady.

Welcome Trey! Nice truck, cool valve covers too.

I haven't used anything better than Turtle wax's black box so I can't wait to get home and try out some real detailing.

You will be very pleased when you start real detailing then! A co-worker used the black box stuff on his black Grand Cherokee, and it looked ok for a few weeks. Once the fillers were gone, not so much. He didn't like when I parked my black Frontier beside him, because even when my truck was dirty it was shiner than his! :D

Thanks man, yea I need to get some updated pictures of the valve covers. They now have 2 -10an fittings on the ends for Catch can "Crankshaft Ventilation" and a -24an on top for the oil fill. Kinda cool, but it wasn't my idea. Guy at the shop I get alot of fittings and such from came up with it.

welcome sick ride!

Thanks man, hopefully it'll be a real cool project when I get finished. My goals are 550RWHP/550RWTQ and 20-25mpg on hwy. I think right now it's about 250/300 and 8mpg hwy :D

Welcome. That '90 is in beautiful shape.

Thanks, it wasn't in great shape when I got it but nothing bad either. It's got some little things here and there that urk me but for the most part she's pretty clean.

Welcome. Know how bad it sux to be stationed overseas. Currently in Korea for my second time in 4 years of service.

Dude I have no idea what thats like. Worst place I've been is Al Dahfra in UAE, twice. Right now I'm on an island in the carribbean getting $114 a day per diem. I don't really drink or party, and I try to eat semi cheap (also gym rat) so I'm gettin alot of parts. Still away from my wife and daughter so that sucks but it's nothing like a real deployment.

:welcomebanner::welcomebanner:

Thanks for the welcome.

Yea I would but it's got no topend right now. :D I started a tear down because of some problems right before I left. I covered everything and figured no need to put it together since it was all coming apart when I got back anyway.

Actually that was my 04 Gto. Had to make a decision to keep one or the other, and I chose the truck. It was a little to radical for the street, Heads, Big cam, Intake w/ direct port. Stock drivetrain and it went 10.4's @ 135.

It was nuts. We never got a good dyno with it on spray. It made 440/450 at the wheels on motor on a N20 Tune. It made 550 to the wheels on a small shot with 7 cylinders (rocker was broke, we didnt know) and neither head seated (pressurizing the coolant). According to a slip stick it made between 685-715 at the wheels. That's about right 450 motor + 285 spray = a whole bunch

Archived