Customer Service 866.965.0400

Can You "Rock" the Bag Pipes?

Junkman2008

I would say this is about as close as you can get! I bet these guys "get down" at some serious Irish parties. This is probably equivalent to "raising the roof" Irish style! Maybe some of our forum Irish can chime in with a pofessional critique? My vote is definitely :2thumbs:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BePu3Smz9vU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BePu3Smz9vU?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Excellent! Thanks for posting. If you ever make it to down to Disney's Epcot Theme Park, there is a band called Off Kilter that rocks the bagpipes in the Canadian Pavilion. After they finish you can head next door to the UK and catch a brew in the pub. Head back to Canada see next show head back to UK Repeat as necessary. LOL

We have quite a few excellent Irish bands in our area, and the next town over hosts Ligonier Highland Games every September with bagpipe contests, band contests, caber tossing and step dancing competition. Those guys would definitely be contenders. I can't believe how many people passed them by. I would have thrown a couple of bucks in their pot for sure.

As for their looks....... Braveheartish! All they needed was some blue face paint!:2thumbs:

I loathe those noisy things! My wife occasionally threatens to have them played at my funeral, but I've promised her I'll either come back from the dead or haunt her forever if she were to do that.

BTW: I do have the following on my iPod. It's the only bagpipes I'll listen to.

Listen and Download Band of the U.S. Air Force Reserve - Scotland the Brave Mp3

I would say this is about as close as you can get! I bet these guys "get down" at some serious Irish parties. This is probably equivalent to "raising the roof" Irish style! Maybe some of our forum Irish can chime in with a pofessional critique? My vote is definitely :2thumbs:

Ummm...they're Scottish.:confused:

lol! You're right! What's a black man know about either! :lolsmack:

:lolsmack: I have both Irish and Scottish ancestry and still don't know all that much about bagpipes. I figured the fact that they're playing in front of the Royal Bank of Scotland would've given it away though.

As far as "rocking" with a bagpipe, there's a local Massachusetts band that does it:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/piI6mY435FU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course, if you wanna rock n' roll, it's a long way to the top even with bagpipes. :rockon:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b9iOk8PqkKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bon Scott was dead before I was born, but AC/DC's always been one of my favorites.

I remember in high school, we thought ACDC was devil worshiping music!

Now what would've given you that idea? :D

• Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
  • Highway to Hell
  • Hells Bells
  • etc...

It definitely ain't your "flower power" years! :lolsmack:

Flower power?? Heck, I was a teenager in the 50's and early 60's well before the flower power days. Unlike you..........who was still looking to discover fire and your songs all went "Ugh! Mung! Ugh!" when you were a teen. :D:D:D:D

Flower power?? Heck, I was a teenager in the 50's and early 60's well before the flower power days. Unlike you..........who was still looking to discover fire and your songs all went "Ugh! Mung! Ugh!" when you were a teen. :D:D:D:D

:lolsmack:

Oh no you didn't! Don't make me have to remind you that Moses was your chemistry teacher! By the way, I love that water dividing trick you do. You should make a video and post it on You Tube! :lolsmack: :lolsmack:

Archived