Customer Service 866.965.0400

wax frequency

1988mustang

Question

7 answers to this question

Yes you can. The wax builds up and can eventually start to look hazy. Not sure if Buttery will take more coats than Americana. Best bet is to remove all the wax every 4 to 6 months, either with a Dawn wash or with an IPA wipe down.

Yes you can. The wax builds up and can eventually start to look hazy. Not sure if Buttery will take more coats than Americana. Best bet is to remove all the wax every 4 to 6 months, either with a Dawn wash or with an IPA wipe down.

Noob question, but what's an IPA wipe down. Is it Isopropyl Alcohol?

Noob question, but what's an IPA wipe down. Is it Isopropyl Alcohol?

Yes. 70/30 in a spray bottle. (Some do 50/50) You can get a 2 pack at Sams for like $3.

I'm like you I like to wax, and have it down to about a 20 - 30 minute job after a 2 bucket. If I feel like waxing that day, I just add a few ounces of APC to my buckets, and re-apply the wax when I'm done washing.

Not sure which wax hazes first compared to # of coats. I don't think a test has been done on that yet.

now that I have my paint sort of corrected and waxed I don't want to rub around on it anymore than I need to for fear of re-introducing swirls and micro-scratches. seems like I added some just applying the BW. I did get the BG, I guess it's ok to put it right on the BW ? I'm just trying to fill anything I didn't get cleared, any advantage to re-applying BW after the BG?

now that I have my paint sort of corrected and waxed I don't want to rub around on it anymore than I need to for fear of re-introducing swirls and micro-scratches. seems like I added some just applying the BW. I did get the BG, I guess it's ok to put it right on the BW ? I'm just trying to fill anything I didn't get cleared, any advantage to re-applying BW after the BG?

BG can be applied over Buttery, but it will not last long, maybe a couple of weeks. The BG will last longer if you apply it first, then put the wax over it.

Archived