Customer Service 866.965.0400

uses for spray sealant

don

Question

Quick Sealant on your snow shovel or inside the chute on your snowblower MAKES a difference! Even more than Buttery!

I tried this and we finally got some snow. Dang, now as I'm driving around, I want to stop, grab peoples shovels and spray!

I MAY or MAY NOT have heard a little octane booster in your snowblower does some cool things...

at your own risk. :)

I'll try the quick sealant on the chute (and thanks for the idea), but this one kind of scares me!

Being a military guy and intimately familiar with weapons I would have to say I completely disagree with this type of use. On a specifically visual standpoint, yes the carnuba should make sure the metal is protected from corrosion or surface rust. However when you look at guns in operation you see significant heating of the components. Not sure exactly how much heat the carnuba can withstand while maintaing it's properties but my first guess would be that it might gum up. This could cause the gun to jam or misfire. I sincerely hope as well that it was just applied to the outside of the gun. The internals should never have anything but gun specific lube applied. It is designed for the high heat of each explosion in the chamber, and most lubes contain Teflon now a days to ensure the most optimal continued operation.

So all in all, Creative yes....recommended, no. Be safe out there

Agree with Jon, I love using Adam's Products, but a couple drops of oil in the right place and I'm done. I don't want my guns slippery in any way, nor any buildup. Maybe use metal polish on a chromed display piece, or some wax on a polish wood stock display piece. All my guns are for shootin, most are self-defense, so they're tools, not art.

Archived