Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sold our House & Found a House...

Chewy

I've not been here too much lately as I've been SUPER busy at work and of course a 15 month old takes a bit of my time as well. Well, my wife and I were going to finish off our basement and that got us thinking. With interest rates at 4% and our house currently being right at the top of what a house this size in this area goes for, finishing the basement would have meant another 10 years in the house before we could recoup our money. That as well as knowing the furnace and other things will have needed changed in the time frame meant, LET'S SELL and buy something bigger...

Well we sold... We put it on a local fsbo site on Tuesday and the first people to walk through it, bought it. :reckon: I have a knack at the home decorating/flipping thing I guess... :glasses:

They offered us 96% of our offering and I get to keep the main fridge which we wanted.

So... Now we have the job of finding a new home. 3 car garage for sure this time. We have 3 vehicles, so the wires Enclave has been relegated to outdoor living. Of course with Adams MSS and the new Spray Sealant on it, it looks great, but there's nothing better than a garage for a vehicle.

So on the hunt we go... The people buying offered us up to 2 months to move, which is HUGE!!

Wish us luck! :)

Chris

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Chris. How long until closing?

The guy told me he'd allow up to 60 days. He's buying it for his daughter and soon to be son in-law. He's taking out an equity loan on his home which is paid for, to buy it.

When I have the check in my hand, I'll know it's sold. It's the "show me the money" thing... For now, the house is "sale pending".

Thanks guys!

We're REALLY going to stretch ourselves to get the next house. It's basically going to double our square footage. Which we could use.

Mac and cheese and ramen noodles for a few years... It's all good! :lolsmack:

Chris

The guy told me he'd allow up to 60 days. He's buying it for his daughter and soon to be son in-law. He's taking out an equity loan on his home which is paid for, to buy it.

When I have the check in my hand, I'll know it's sold. It's the "show me the money" thing... For now, the house is "sale pending".

Thanks guys!

We're REALLY going to stretch ourselves to get the next house. It's basically going to double our square footage. Which we could use.

Mac and cheese and ramen noodles for a few years... It's all good! :lolsmack:

Chris

Congratz, start shopping ASAP. Hopefully If you find a house they will give you a 60 day or sooner closing. If not your gunna get stuck renting and have to pay for a storage locker...maybe we might find your stuff on storage wars :lolsmack:

Have you considered to continue showing the house incase this buyer falls through? Maybe you might get a higher offer?

Congratz, start shopping ASAP. Hopefully If you find a house they will give you a 60 day or sooner closing. If not your gunna get stuck renting and have to pay for a storage locker...maybe we might find your stuff on storage wars :lolsmack:

Have you considered to continue showing the house incase this buyer falls through? Maybe you might get a higher offer?

My parents leave January 3rd for FL for 4 months, so we can live in their home for free if we need too. Their basement is big enough to store all our stuff too. This would be a last resort of course!!! :)

Nope! I am a man of my word, and since I literally talked to him 4 times today and emailed back and forth 3 times, I think we're OK. He's retired and somewhat well to do me thinks! :2thumbs:

Great news Chris. :2thumbs:

I noticed you hadn't been around lately and was going to post up a "Where's Chewy?" today. Glad that it is good news explaining your absence.

Thanks for missing me... My life has been hectic and something has to give. I told Dylan I would be absent for a bit...

Hope you find the perfect house... er I mean garage :-)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Me too!

Sounds good, I hope you find that big garage and hopefully it will have a nice house!;)

I just want one that I can put a hoist in at some time in the future too! :reckon:

Chris' date='

First floor laundry is great for your wife. :D:D[/quote']

Why? So she can talk to me while I do it? :lolsmack: Ours is currently in the basement.

We'd LOVE to have it upstairs on the 2nd floor. Honestly, it only makes sense as all the bedrooms are there. The houses we've looked at have it on the main level though.

Congrats Chris. You staying in the QC Area?

Oh yeah! I'll never move from here... Our family business is headquartered here. Just moving a bit North, but still in Bettendorf.:thumbsup:

Chris

Well when the time comes if you need some help moving please feel free to ask and I will help if possible.

Thanks Eric! I think we're good, but that's nice of you to offer.

I spent 3 hours packing up my garage last night. Nice thing is I was able to load it into the back of the truck. It sits all winter anyway... lol

I just have the work bench to do next. It's in the 30s and 40s right now, so now is the time to get this done! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Why of Course! :lolsmack::D:lolsmack:

Don't forget don't throw the whites in with the red clothes.:jester:

Hahaha... No chance! I lived alone for many years. I am more than capable of doing our laundry and more than not, it's at 4:30 in the AM before or after working out.

:help: Still looking for a house!!! :help:

Our inspection went well and I fixed a few of the things that popped up.

I have used 2nd floor laundry rooms, and they are very convenient, if they leak, you have a mess down below. I am happier with one at ground floor or below! It is not IF it is going to leak, as much as When it is going to leak.

Our inspection went well and I fixed a few of the things that popped up.

Nice of you.. when I bought my house they didn't want to fix anything..

and I'm still finding so many things that were covered up and some things that the inspector should have seen..

Archived