Customer Service 866.965.0400

Need advice ASAP pls

Frid

Question

Bout to head out to do a wash including stripping it to do some minor correcting and rewax. I know alot of you use dawn soap, but I seem to only have Palmolive Aroma Therapy and Palmolive Antibacterial dish wash soap. Is this ok or should i go purchase something else and what kind? thank you in advance.

6 answers to this question

Dawn (plain ol' simple dawn dish soap) seems to work best for stripping. I figure if it can get oil off a seagull then wax on a car is easy. You can pick up a small bottle for a couple of bucks at 7-11 or something. I don't know abouyt the soap you have, sounds a little too froophy to me. :-)

You can also add some APC (probably like 4 oz.) to your wash bucket to strip the old wax also. I've used dawn a couple times to strip the wax, never used the APC.

Forgot about that alternative. Assuming you have some APC, much better than having to leave the house for some soap.

Do you have any isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol? Mix 50/50 with water and you're ready to strip whatever protection you on the area.

Just do a regular 2 bucket wash, then spray the IPA mixture on the panel and remove with a microfiber towel. Only takes a short time to do the whole car, and you are not touching the trim.

Archived