Customer Service 866.965.0400

Finally happening

Rich

A lot of my friends are still driving their Vettes and Camaros and Mustangs because we haven't had any snow or really cold weather yet, but that's about to change. The weather man is calling for up to a foot of snow between tonight and Tuesday night. So I guess I'll be parked on the computer or watching the boob tube for a couple days when I'm not out with the snowblower. Oh, and did I mention the 50 mph winds they're calling for too?

I hate winter.

Ah, ok. Went through a few big snowfalls during my 35 years living there. If you are stocked up and don't have to travel, they can be nice, but you always get a workout shoveling out!

Good luck! Guess the Vette is snugged away for the winter, eh?

And to top it off, our one and only toilet in the house.............cracked and broke! So today I'm dealing with a plumber which means overtime since it's a holiday. When it rains it pours.

got a nice fill of winter, I spent a week at my mother in laws and it snowed like 10" one day and about 3' the day we got there. was nice, didnt really mind shoveling it though if I moved there a blower would be a must! enjoy your winter as best you can. we are supposed to have highs in the hi 50s and 60s all week..just means feb and march will probably be frosty.

rich, is he just replacing toilet?

And to top it off, our one and only toilet in the house.............cracked and broke! So today I'm dealing with a plumber which means overtime since it's a holiday. When it rains it pours.

If I lived closer I would help with the toilet. Actually really easy. Two bolts to hold the tank to the bowl. Two bolts to hold the assembly to the floor. A wax ring that you heat up with a hair dryer or heat gun to soften up and set it to the floor. Being careful not to over tighten and crack bowl. And attach the water line.

If I could teach my aunt how to do it. Iam sure you could do it to. I know some just don't care to deal with it and thus prefer to hire someone. I just have a hard time with what plumbers and the such charge. I guess everybody has to make a living, but not a killing. Good Luck.

Go to Lowe's and buy it and install it yourself and save about 200-300 bucks.

In the last 4 to 5 weeks we had to replace the dishwasher, refrigerator, and I repaired our washer and our dryer.:(

Go to Lowe's and buy it and install it yourself and save about 200-300 bucks.

In the last 4 to 5 weeks we had to replace the dishwasher, refrigerator, and I repaired our washer and our dryer.:(

Chris. Not sure if this was the problem with your refrigerator, but I will post any how. It may come in handy for someone on here. If your coils are on the bottom of your fridge instead of the back, they need to be cleaned about every 6 months. You will get accumulations of dust bunnies under there and if the pump isn't able to cool the refrigerant there is a part that burns up to save the pump. Cost's about 40 bucks. If somebody on here wants to know what that part is I will gladly do some digging and post. You need one of these brushes to clean underneath and you came pick them up at Home Depot or Lowes. The kick plate at the bottom in the front will need to be removed to access.

Universal Appliance Brushes (2-Pack)-PM14X10056DS at The Home Depot

Shop Frigidaire Refrigerator Coil Brush at Lowes.com=

Sorry to go off topic guys.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Wish I could be parked at home for a couple days too Rich... I'm burned out. No luck here yet... weather is just gonna be sucky enough to make me wish I didn't have to get out in it.

I'll never understand the 'parking car inside for winter' philosophy. I paid for it, I'm driving it. Then again, I only have one car.

Chris. Not sure if this was the problem with your refrigerator, but I will post any how. It may come in handy for someone on here. If your coils are on the bottom of your fridge instead of the back, they need to be cleaned about every 6 months. You will get accumulations of dust bunnies under there and if the pump isn't able to cool the refrigerant there is a part that burns up to save the pump. Cost's about 40 bucks. If somebody on here wants to know what that part is I will gladly do some digging and post. You need one of these brushes to clean underneath and you came pick them up at Home Depot or Lowes. The kick plate at the bottom in the front will need to be removed to access.

Universal Appliance Brushes (2-Pack)-PM14X10056DS at The Home Depot

Shop Frigidaire Refrigerator Coil Brush at Lowes.com=

Sorry to go off topic guys.

Thanks for the info Chris, mine were on the back. The compressor went out. (9 yrs. old)

I will check to see were the coils are on the new one though.

On my washer , I had to replace the coupler that goes in between the transmission and the motor. The dryer needed a new heating element.

Went to Home Depot and got a new one, then called the plumber. He was here within an hour of me calling him, and he's reasonable. Not charging me holiday rate or anything. So it's all taken care of now.

Chris........if you have to replace your washer or dryer, go with Speed Queen. Made in the USA and has a longer warranty than those made elsewhere. I bought a SQ washer a couple years ago and it is really a great machine. :thumbsup:

Archived