Customer Service 866.965.0400

A new black towel?

I think a black waffle weave towel would get more use than the current black utility towel in my garage. I don't find the black utility towel to be near as absorbent as the waffle weave and would like to see a black or gray waffle weave towel for use on the wheels, around the door jambs and engine compartment.

Currently I use the black utility towels very little use but I have a few waffle weave that I keep using for dirtier uses.

Is this just me? How many would like to see a black or gray waffle weave towel?

:cheers:

I agree 100%

I love the black towels but since it's not a waffle weave it doesn't absorb like the drying towels.

Now it really depends on what the main purpose is for the towel to start with.

I use the black towels to dry the door jams when I am drying them but I find myself switching to the great white towel because it's better at getting the water.

Personally, I don't see the point of a black towel. In fact, I think it's counter-productive. Even if it's for use where nobody sees, I know some of us nutjobs are perfectionists and have their door jambs corrected and swirl free. Someone's gonna get some dirt on one and swirl it all to hell. Granted the WW isn't meant to be used like that and you would be flipping a towel anyway, but there's no way to tell what side has been used or not aside from memorization.

I think a black waffle weave towel would get more use than the current black utility towel in my garage. I don't find the black utility towel to be near as absorbent as the waffle weave and would like to see a black or gray waffle weave towel for use on the wheels, around the door jambs and engine compartment.

Currently I use the black utility towels very little use but I have a few waffle weave that I keep using for dirtier uses.

Is this just me? How many would like to see a black or gray waffle weave towel?

:cheers:

I was thinking the same thing after finishing up my car today (regarding the black waffle weave) but I like your thought of a gray WW better. If nothing else, a waffle weave in a smaller size for drying smaller areas would be useful...

A gray waffle weave for the wheels/door jams would be ideal. Being grey one could tell when a section was getting dirty and then it's time to flip.

The more I think about this after reading all the replies I am liking the idea of the gray towel more than the black. Would like a light gray that will show some "new" dirt but will wash enough that stains aren't obvious AND that is color fast so the dye wouldn't bleed into other towels when washed with other waffle weaves.

I like my black towels for a few reasons.

- they are a great price

- I never think twice about using them for nasty stuff like exhaust under the car

- they are soft enough for wheels and exhaust so there is always a use for them

I do agree they are not absorbent* when it comes to door jams.

Gray waffle would be sweet.

From. Business point of view, keeping cost down below blue waffle might not be worth making.

I say bring back the blue's from last year around this time.

Can someone maybe shed some light on this for me? I feel like I'm missing something. If folks want the waterless wash towel weave/design to use for cleaning door jams out why not just use a blue waterless wash towel? Why does it have to be black or gray?

Are you wanting it to hide what dirt is in the towel itself? That seems risky to end up using it when its still dirty. Wouldn't you be cleaning the towel right after use anyways? If you're worried about it not getting completely cleaned then it'd probably look stained or dirty after wash telling you that that's your "junk towel".

What am I missing? What's the need for a color difference for?

Can someone maybe shed some light on this for me? I feel like I'm missing something. If folks want the waterless wash towel weave/design to use for cleaning door jams out why not just use a blue waterless wash towel? Why does it have to be black or gray?

Are you wanting it to hide what dirt is in the towel itself? That seems risky to end up using it when its still dirty. Wouldn't you be cleaning the towel right after use anyways? If you're worried about it not getting completely cleaned then it'd probably look stained or dirty after wash telling you that that's your "junk towel".

What am I missing? What's the need for a color difference for?

This was exactly my point as well. I don't understand the need for something that hides the dirt and grime.

Now something for your engine bay? Absolutely. I'll swirl the hell out of the paint in my engine bay, and I won't think twice about it.

I feel like it would be good for just the dirty jobs. Who wants their $20 waterless wash towels to look all dirty and stained even after being washed? I know I wouldn't and would much rather have a darker towel that won't look stained. Plus I don't want to be using a waterless wash for dirty jobs then use it on the paint later on even after being washed. Adam even said in the video of cleaning the interior that he prefers the blue waffles but with the kit you get the black towels. Why not just make those into waffle weaves so they absorb more...

Black,white,blue ,green who cares make all small towels bigger like the waterless wash ones all 16x24. Although I think gray would be better than black but the black ones aren't made for sopping of gobs of water. Not their intended use. And I am sure over time the black will fade some. Just my 2 cents.

Am I really that old around here? The waffle weaves did use to be gray when they first came out. I still have a few of the old ones I use for wheels, hood & trunk jambs etc. Gosh, now I wonder how old those towels are?

Bruce

Archived