Customer Service 866.965.0400

418 ls3

rimalm

About seven months ago I was driving home from my buddies house, and I heard a loud ticking noise coming from the motor. I thought I could get the car home, but the motor took a turn for the worse. Turns out my #5 piston completely disintegrated. So I replaced my 98 LS1 motor(only had 74k miles) with a brand new Texas Speed 418ci motor. Well we fired up the motor last week. Just need to get it to the alignment shop, and put a final tune on it.

Now I'm sure all of your motor heads will appreciate this. Here are a couple pics of the motor. I'll post a video of it running soon. Can't wait to finally drive the darn thing! Definitely sucked not having a car all summer.

Heres a video of it with open headers. Shop installed the full exhaust this week, and it has mellowed down the exhaust A LOT! I'll get some go pro vids up when I start driving the car :burnout:

<object width="176" height="132" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151118513420554" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/10151118513420554" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="176" height="132"></embed></object>

Great combo! Did TSP spec everything out for you? Who's doing your tuning?

Yup had them build and spec out everything. I bought HP Tuners to tune the car, but there a couple great tuners in the area. I'll probably take it to one of them to help with the WOT tunes, and fine tune the partial throttle.

Yup had them build and spec out everything. I bought HP Tuners to tune the car, but there a couple great tuners in the area. I'll probably take it to one of them to help with the WOT tunes, and fine tune the partial throttle.

Great choice getting HPT for yourself with a build like this. Let me know if you ever need any help tuning. I'm not wizard, but I've tuned a few cars that run pretty well. :)

Great choice getting HPT for yourself with a build like this. Let me know if you ever need any help tuning. I'm not wizard, but I've tuned a few cars that run pretty well. :)

Thanks Man! Will probably def take you up on that offer. I have never used HPT and it is a whole new word for me. So many options in the program and it is intimidating.

Drool! I am installing my heads/cam/intake/tb this weekend on my GTO..I hope to be around 450-460whp

Definitely interested to see what your car dynos at

Saw your thread with the heads. I think you'll make your #'s no prob!

:burnout::burnout::rockon::rockon:

Hope to be doing exactly this by Friday!!

Thanks Man! Will probably def take you up on that offer. I have never used HPT and it is a whole new word for me. So many options in the program and it is intimidating.

Jump on the HPT forum, TONS of info there. It will make your head spin and getting a question answered sometimes takes a while, but it has been a great resource for me.

If you go in with specific questions, those are the ones that usually get the best/fastest response. Don't go in there asking "hey d00ds, how do I t00n mah car??" That's usually frowned upon. :willy:

Also, always post your current tune/log files.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys! I know this update is way overdue. Just recently quit my job, and am looking for something new, but here is the dyno sheet I promised you guys. #'s weren't as high as I thought it would be. Tuner said we need more octane since the motor has such high compression.

Nice! I plan on doing a Tony Mamo ported fast 102 and svede intake this winter

Nice man! Mamo porting is definitely the way to go. I'll have to send my intake to him one of these days.

Archived