Customer Service 866.965.0400

55ºF yesterday and today....

Chewy

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u7eIwI95AXI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First real snowfall of the season... :thumbsup:

I hope the 2 apps of sealant and 2 apps of Americana last... :willy:

Chris

I plow snow for extra cash In the winter, so this season has been.....frustrating, to say the least.

It's been lightly snowing here on and off since 4pm. We should have around 4" by tomorrow afternoon. We are just on the edge of the lake-effect's reach, some counties north and west of me are forecast to get around a foot.

Looks like 2 more inches Tuesday and another 2 on Thursday. Spikes like a long, sleepless week ahead, but the extra $$$ is totally worth it. :)

My drive to work was fun today did a coupe 180's for quick turnarounds in the parking lot lol. I know one thing for sure I have to get rid of these dang Coopers on this truck. These things suck. Not my first rwd in the winter but these things blow.

The larger the lug the worse they are... I put a good tire on my 4x4. Has good size aggressive lugs, but with sipes in them, for good traction in the wet, snow, and ice. Does your truck have a limited slip diff? I made sure when I ordered my 4x4 that I got the LSD. :thumbsup:

Chris

I always would take the car out in the first snowfall, and to to an empty parking lot at about midnight and do a few doughnuts both directions to get the feel of how the car reacts again. Wanted to be ready for any little excitement while driving in the snow again.

And Teresa, I agree about snow. Give me a lot or none at all. A little snow is a nuisance, a lot of snow is a day off shoveling.

The larger the lug the worse they are... I put a good tire on my 4x4. Has good size aggressive lugs, but with sipes in them, for good traction in the wet, snow, and ice. Does your truck have a limited slip diff? I made sure when I ordered my 4x4 that I got the LSD. :thumbsup:

Chris

They dont have big lugs. They are a highway tire that the previous owner put on they do have swipes as well but they are not rated very good in winter. By next winter im gonna put some blizzacks on at least the rear so I have no problems.

They dont have big lugs. They are a highway tire that the previous owner put on they do have swipes as well but they are not rated very good in winter. By next winter im gonna put some blizzacks on at least the rear so I have no problems.

IMO. blizzaks are only good if on all four corners. You have to stop too! I drove a 2wd pickup for several years without too much of an issue and it had an open diff too. Sipes are OK, but you want them touching each other. Not open.

Did you put some weight in the back of it?

Chris

IMO. blizzaks are only good if on all four corners. You have to stop too! I drove a 2wd pickup for several years without too much of an issue and it had an open diff too. Sipes are OK, but you want them touching each other. Not open.

Did you put some weight in the back of it?

Chris

I sure did. I put 5 60lb bags of sand in it then today while I was shoveling the driveway I threw some snow in the bed of the truck for more. I can tell you I hate the Traction Control on this truck. It gets along much better without it. The tires im running right now are the Cooper Discover H/T They are a highway touring tire. I want something aggresive on either 20's or 18's this spring. Either way I do not plan on running these wheels much longer. As far as running Blizzacks on all 4 corners I dont have much trouble stopping or turning it was just the gettin going that was gettin me yesterday.

Archived